Notices

Tough Day

Old 08-29-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Tough Day

Having one of "those" days today. I am not exactly sure if it's buildup from several days of stress that I just haven't been able to diffuse yet, or if it's just today. I'm pretty sure it's several days worth that's piled up on me.

My dog is still a huge stressor as I am house training her, modifying behavior, and all that fun stuff. I've pretty much figured out that confining her to one room (with me at all times!) cuts down on the chewing up of household items!! Lol. Crating her too. She is doing great, aside from chewing everything in sight!! I do exercise her plenty, so that's not going to change a thing.

Paying bills, paying down debt, increasing income with part-time job... that's a big stressor too. We are planning a major change in the next 1-2 years. We're going to replace the carpet with wood flooring in our house and rent it out, while we build a cabin on some land. I am increasing my income lately in order to get rid of all our "small debts" before we buy that land.

My 20 minutes of meditation seems to be about the only "relief" I feel all day long... I am constantly cleaning up after the dog, the dishes, the laundry, etc. blah blah blah blah. I know, so boring, so tedious. These sorts of things really grate on me. I am not fond of chores.

I am really angry with myself lately, and our situation. I'm yelling at my husband. He is nitpicking at me, nitpicking about every detail. He doesn't know when to lay off me at times. I snap at him, and then we both feel bad.

Every day slogging through life is sucking right now. There's no end in sight. I know, I know... life is a beautiful "journey"... lol. But I feel so stuck right now. I try to be grateful about what I do have. Today is just NOT one of those days though. I am angry. I've had road rage already today. Scaring myself even.

I haven't felt so volatile in a long time. Not really sure what my point is here, but feel free to comment.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a lot going on right now and are tired. Everyday chores do get old, I feel often feel the same as I do the daily grind.

Isn't it wonderful that you have a goal and are working toward it. Yes, some parts of life are a grind, but ask yourself what is the alternative. I get angry about my situation too. Try to accept that today you feel a certain way and it will pass. Don't judge yourself harshly, you are sober and that is an awesome achievement. Take care...
Old 08-29-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Oh Jennie I know exactly what you mean my dog will not go toilet on a walk but will happily go in the garden afterwards

Cats seem to like my garden too sad face

I have a small tree in my garden that wood piegons come to and eat berries in the summer that calms me once all the housework is done

Completely relate I've had them days
Old 08-29-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Jennie)))
Old 08-29-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't like days like that.

I think I need to get off SR for a while. This has been a tough day on the forums all the way around.

To the beach!!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bimini, sounds good. My husband wants to move to the gulf coast, and so do I. We'll be looking at land along the Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana coastlines.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You think you have it bad now? Just picture throwing a quart of vodka on top of things and imagine how that would pan out.

I've seen it 1000 times. People give up and say "F*** it!" and pick up a drink.... within a very short order they'd give anything to be back in the mental state they were in BEFORE they decided to take that first one.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TSDD View Post
You think you have it bad now? Just picture throwing a quart of vodka on top of things and imagine how that would pan out.

I've seen it 1000 times. People give up and say "F*** it!" and pick up a drink.... within a very short order they'd give anything to be back in the mental state they were in BEFORE they decided to take that first one.
Well I didn't mean I'm about to give up and drink I'm just very frustrated today. It'll take a whole heck of a lot more than this to make me want to give up.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by SoberJennie View Post
Having one of "those" days today. I am not exactly sure if it's buildup from several days of stress that I just haven't been able to diffuse yet, or if it's just today. I'm pretty sure it's several days worth that's piled up on me.

My dog is still a huge stressor as I am house training her, modifying behavior, and all that fun stuff. I've pretty much figured out that confining her to one room (with me at all times!) cuts down on the chewing up of household items!! Lol. Crating her too. She is doing great, aside from chewing everything in sight!! I do exercise her plenty, so that's not going to change a thing.

Paying bills, paying down debt, increasing income with part-time job... that's a big stressor too. We are planning a major change in the next 1-2 years. We're going to replace the carpet with wood flooring in our house and rent it out, while we build a cabin on some land. I am increasing my income lately in order to get rid of all our "small debts" before we buy that land.

My 20 minutes of meditation seems to be about the only "relief" I feel all day long... I am constantly cleaning up after the dog, the dishes, the laundry, etc. blah blah blah blah. I know, so boring, so tedious. These sorts of things really grate on me. I am not fond of chores.

I am really angry with myself lately, and our situation. I'm yelling at my husband. He is nitpicking at me, nitpicking about every detail. He doesn't know when to lay off me at times. I snap at him, and then we both feel bad.

Every day slogging through life is sucking right now. There's no end in sight. I know, I know... life is a beautiful "journey"... lol. But I feel so stuck right now. I try to be grateful about what I do have. Today is just NOT one of those days though. I am angry. I've had road rage already today. Scaring myself even.

I haven't felt so volatile in a long time. Not really sure what my point is here, but feel free to comment.
Yea, these types of days really suck!!!! You are such a light here, cannot wait for the clouds to pass and you to report back!!!

No doubt, soon.........
Smile, cause we need YOU!!!!

A gratitude list helps me sometimes.........
Old 08-29-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Flynbuy, I might make a list out tonight Haven't in a while. It might help.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Anytime you project your thoughts forward you invite either hope and/or worry into your mind. And once you begin to worry, you begin to fear. And once you begin to fear, you begin to become angry. Thus, my advice to you would be to confine your thoughts to the present.

Focus on what is "next"

If I were you I'd call a kennel and put the dog away for the weekend. Sounds like you need and have more importantly earned, a much deserved, break. After that, run yourself a hot bath, have a good cry, and then go to bed. You'll feel better tomorrow.

I promise.

Above all, never forget that today and today only will always, always, Always be the most important day to remain clean and sober.

Continued Blessings.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Flynbuy, I might make a list out tonight Haven't in a while. It might help.
Atta Girl!!! PLEASE share it with us!!! Helps so many......

Old 08-29-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Jennie,

I have no advice on the dog and how to deal with house chores better as I tend to suck at those things myself

BUT this stroke me: "We're going to replace the carpet with wood flooring in our house and rent it out, while we build a cabin on some land. I am increasing my income lately in order to get rid of all our "small debts" before we buy that land".

Wonderful perspective and very in line with how you come across to me in the virtual world (I can very easily imagine you having a beautiful life in a cabin on your chosen ground, with the animals and your beloved)

On the way there, in between? Well, it's challenging for all of us. And then we find ourselves in our "dream" and soon realize it comes with chores to be done and challenges to be endured, so the "dreaming" goes on. And I think it should go on as long as we are alive

Don't ever give up your ideas, Jennie! You have realized so many of them already and more will come!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You brought tears to my eyes, Haennie. Lol! Maybe a good cry is coming on soon, as Amajorityofone mentioned.

Yeah... I think it's the nitty gritty everyday pieces that have to be strung together that make "the dream" feel not so dreamy in the midst of it
Old 08-29-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You brought tears to my eyes, Haennie. Lol! Maybe a good cry is coming on soon, as Amajorityofone mentioned.

Yeah... I think it's the nitty gritty everyday pieces that have to be strung together that make "the dream" feel not so dreamy in the midst of it
Sorry you're having a tough day. My dogs drive me batty some days too. Just want you to know you are not alone.....bad days suck. Some days I have to repeat over and over again, "feelings aren't facts." I go to bed early and read or zone out on netflix when I feel like this. I am with you on tedious chores....blah. Can your husband take over care of the dog for a few days? A cabin on the gulf coast sounds wonderful......

Hope you feel better tomorrow. xoxo
Old 08-29-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry things are a little roiugh Jennie. All I can share with you is that life will let up and things will get better.

I've been dealing with major stress for several months. It's over now but I'm still not relaxed. I figure that might take a week or two.

It's ok to have bad day, or bad weeks, or indeed bad months...and it's ok to feel frustrated. We're human beings...and recovery won't fix everything...it can't

I really believe we can learn from every day even the crappy ones...but I still hope there's an upswing for you soon

D
Old 08-29-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks, you all
Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I too felt bad and stuck today. I find that when I look back at my entries, I've actually had a lot more good days than I can recall during a bad day... it's a common way human minds trick themselves... hang in there, we all support you.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Jennie, sorry I only just saw this.

Sorry it's a bit sucky right now. I only figured out the other day how much I have to relearn sober. Breaking up everything into pockets of time, chores (and sticking to them, lol! - sometimes failing!). Yet when I drank it was one constant flow....(or merry go round). With drinking I had a focal point and all things revolved around that, my day, what time I could do things. Then, once I was drunk, I didn't care so much how things panned out.

Dunno, randomness, I guess. But I'm in the middle of moving, work, trying to make extra money too, and some days, it's hard to juggle all my things. Hope it improves, honey.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
zjw

if its one of those days its just one of those days and you get to start all over again the following day. But if its a consistent thing i'd say you got to much on your plate.

for me I dont like to get that frazzled so I try and keep my load as light as possible. Probably too light from most peoples perspective but I just cant take feeling like that it takes me to very bad places. I lived like that my entire life even before i started drinking my child hood was like that too.

If its a consistent thing and yuo can shoulder it good for you. I envy you I wish i could shoulder some more load sometimes I think I could this I could that then i think about the stresses involved and I think no no i dont wanna go there.

Its a delicate balance to achieve your goals, remain content with what you have, and try and just take care of the everyday stuff in life.