Notices

Quiting the Oxycontins

Old 01-13-2008, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Quiting the Oxycontins

I woke up one day and said i cant be a fiend anymore. I was snorting at least 100 or more mgs a day. I was out of control ,cranky mood swings the whole bit. Not to mention i started them with a perscription, then was cut off like that .. no tapering so i had to buy them from the street which was extremley expensive. I had to leave my job the withdrawl was hideous, ive never experienced anything like that, sweating like an animal, shaking like a fiend, nausea, and uncontrolable rage fits.. I went to the doctor and all they gave me was clonidine and naproxen, which did absolutely nothing, they gave me no support at all so i had to do it on my own....hell it was , then i fell off the wagon and started doing percocets which are way weaker than oxycontins, but still i just needed to taper down ,i couldnt handel the cold turkey..Now im out of percs and im now going thru withdrawl again....Feel like i am going mad one minute cold one minute hot sweating again...Will this ever end ???????Well Thats my story so far ................hope i feel better soon its like being in hell.....:praying
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the boards my friend, you're in the right place. LOTS of us around here been through exactly what you're going through (myself included). I was doing upwards of 240mg a day for YEARS, buying 'em on the street, just like you. I got off of them eventually by switching to then tapering down off of subutex aka bupe or subs. Lots of us here got clean using this drug, you might wanna seriously look into it.

If you decide to tough it out, I can tell you the real bad part lasts for about 96 hours or so, it takes about 2 weeks before you'll probably feel back to normal. Clonidine DOES help a little, I'd try to get more from your doc if I were you. I also recommend asking him for neurontin, which is a nerve pain blocker (non-narcotic). The combo really helps quite a bit. Something like unisom to help you sleep is also highly recommended (benadryl/tylenol pm is basically useless). Stock up on easy to make/eat comfort food, ibuprofen, entertaining dvd's to watch, that kinda thing...

I also recommend attending meetings of NA/AA or some other recovery program, beginning IMMEDIATELY. And also that you tell your dealer to F*** OFF, lose his/her number, do whatever you can to cut off your supply.

This will get you on your way. Trust me, what you're going through/feeling, SO MANY of us have been there, your symptoms are totally normal, they WILL PASS if you just STAY AWAY FROM DOPE for awhile. You can do it, you just have to want it more than ANYthing...

Good luck, and keep posting.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The worst should pass in about 4 days. It won't be roses for a bit after that, but it should be bearable.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are not alone.I have been where you are.It sucks and it has to end or you will keep feeling the way you do.I did not have the physical strength to do it on my own, after repeated attempts to stop.I am in Suboxone therapy and it did for me what I could not do for myself.I also attend AA to help repair my diseased thinking.I will pray for you to end this vicious cycle.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a cocaine problem on top of your opiate problem? Sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions, just call it a hunch....