Notices

Help With Suboxone...

Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Help With Suboxone...

Hey I just started this whole forum thing and I am looking for just some cool people that mite be going through the same things as I or have gone through it before. I have been off RoxiCodone (2x 30mg/day/8mo.), for 5 days with the help of Suboxone. I have read a lot of negative effects of Sub and both positives too. Doc has me on 12mg's a day, I have 16 2mg pills left, should I just stop after these run out and withdraw from the Roxi's or should I take the Sub longer, say 3months, and then withdraw from that? What would have the best success rate in your opinion's?

Much Luv
Old 02-21-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dunno about any of that stuff Ox, but I wanted to say welcome.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hello and Welcome to SR

I am on suboxone, and the best advice I can give you is to listen to your
doctor. It's the best thing you can do for yourself. Suboxone can be a wonderful "tool" for recovery, and I do say "tool", because in my experience, suboxone alone can not keep me clean. It has helped me, but I know that for ME, I need much more than a pill to replace another pill in order to find recovery. There is much support out there, in the form of 12 step meetings, and also non 12 step meetings. This board has also been a help, but face to face help has been really important in my recovery. I know without it, I would be right back where I was.. I have seen people that have gone on suboxone, and never did anything else, no meetings, or anything to help themselves, and I have also seen them go back to the drugs.
This has just been my experience, and I wanted to share it with you..

We will be here for you.. I do hope you choose to stay around here. This is truly a wonderful forum for support.

My prayers are with you,,
Becky
Old 02-22-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thx guys I appreciate your support, i think i'll be around for awhile. how do you stay in contact with your friends here? do u im? or do you have a favorite thread u go to?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am on 16mg took my last two an hour ago and then going cold turkey. I have been on sub for 3 months and been up to 6 pills a day. I have xanax to help with anxiety. I can detail my experience as I go if you like?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friend

Jimba - unfortunately this thread is also a couple yrs old. You should definetly start a new thread - you can ask any questions you have, document your experience, just chat, etc. Question too -- why are you going c/t from 16 mg suboxone and not doing a taper??? Am I reading correctly that you were up to 6 pills daily at one point? Is that 8 mg pills? If so, that sounds like an awfully large sub dose - are you working with a counselor/addictionologist/sub doctor, Jim? Welcome! Try posting a new thread - there are alot of great people here who are willing to listen and understand what you're going through!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
I am on 16mg took my last two an hour ago and then going cold turkey. I have been on sub for 3 months and been up to 6 pills a day. I have xanax to help with anxiety. I can detail my experience as I go if you like?
I hate to say it, but dude ... you are going to be royally screwn trying to get off that level of subs w/o doing any real tapering. It'll take about 2 days to really set in, but ... unless you're going to be checked in at a rehab center somewhere, you can pretty much forget about being to do what you're talking about here on your own. I don't mean to be a downer, but honestly ... you are biting off more than you can chew with this one.

You are setting up yourself to be writing one of those 'sub horror stories' that the OP is talking about above. If you don't taper down to a low dose before you quit, getting off subs is BRUTAL my friend.

To the OP ... welcome, and it's great that you're on subs and not abusing the roxi's anymore. I gotta run to work, but real quick, honest opinion? You should be able to drop your dosage down to about 4mg/day over the next couple of days without any discomfort. And given your short time and low amounts of roxy, I'd be thinking about like a two week taper down and off of the subs.

Put it this way, I was doing like 5-8 TIMES as much oxycodone as you for about 10 times as long as you, EVERYDAY, and I was FINE on 12mg of subs almost right from the git-go. You should not *need* anywhere near that much to be 'covered' from withdrawals. Nor should you need a big drawn out taper from the stuff. Just my personal opinoin, do whatever your doctor tells you, of course
Old 04-15-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

24hrs feeling good but I have the weekend coming up it's gonna be hard to find a doctor. Ill see if my doctor will see me and let him know what my plan is, but yeah the doses he gave me A. got me high B. all I can do anymore is sleep C. I am more of an hermited now than when I was doped. Ill ask for the 4s and taper good heads up thanks I may actually adjust better to the 4s, but Im think with the amount of time I have been taking opiates I shouldn't have the crazy receptor problem that he's got me set up for. Also I just got on this site last night I like it but am having a problem figuring out how to post my own thread can you help me out?