Notices

new to this section but trying

Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to this section but trying

New to this whole thing...but really need help,,,dont know where to begin...so...I guess it dont matter long as I can say I need help....on pain meds...legally, and turned into a habit...Im sure there are a 1000 cases on here with the same problem...dont no the answer to my problem or where to begin....Been doing these stupid pills for at least 6 years and its gettion old CHASING the thangs...I cant say no more for now...

KNY
Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.com, Kenny. You've found a good place with a lot of supportive folk who've been right where you are (or are right now, actually). Few questions here: How much are we talking about on a daily basis, and what are ya taking? Do you have a job? Insurance? Any funds, to speak of (dumb question, if ya did, you probably wouldn't be here visiting us, right? ) Do you have any clean/sober family members, a spouse, or at least some good sober friends, in your vicinity?

Also, do you REALLY have no clue whatsoever as to what should be your goal right now, are you literally totally at a loss here? Do you want me to just spell out to you what you should do? If so, then answer the questions above, and I'll give it my best shot
Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well...taking about 10 percocet a day...with a 10/325 amount.....not alot but i think too much...tryied to stop...with heavy withdrawl symptoms......I think its more of a mental thing than physical....does that answer some of your questions........I do not work...had a work related injury which started this whole thing......its funny how workmans comp can get you a doctor, get you the meds....and when you try to stop they will NOT help you with that part....I am still in pain alot and I (think) for now need the meds....but its getting old....
Thanks for your time...

Kenny
Old 10-15-2008, 10:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Peaceful

Originally Posted by Kennynva View Post
Well...taking about 10 percocet a day...with a 10/325 amount.....not alot but i think too much...tryied to stop...with heavy withdrawl symptoms......I think its more of a mental thing than physical....does that answer some of your questions........I do not work...had a work related injury which started this whole thing......its funny how workmans comp can get you a doctor, get you the meds....and when you try to stop they will NOT help you with that part....I am still in pain alot and I (think) for now need the meds....but its getting old....
Thanks for your time...

Kenny
Have you ever went into Detox? Are you 100% ready to stop? Or are you here becuz your broke and coming off your high, so for the moment you want help?

I do undertsand you, I started off on pills and went into Detox twice. Still wasnt ready. Kicking a pill habit is worse than hard drugs.

I wanna understand the area you need help in cuz surely taking that many pills you cannot stop cold turkey!