Notices

Off methadone for 36 days AFTER 4 YEARS OF USE

Old 03-12-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Off methadone for 36 days AFTER 4 YEARS OF USE

Hello all.
Was on methadone 4 years. Today marks 36 days COMPLETELY clean off of methadone. Got on it because of a OxyContin addiction. Just wanted to let everyone out there, that are currently going through methadone detox, or PAWS... That it does get better. I went through hell for the first 3 weeks psychically and then the mental part kicked in. Now I can proudly say I am 5.5 weeks clean and super HAPPY. Don't get me wrong, I still have my off days, I don't work right now so I have to keep myself occupied. If I am not busy, my mind will start playing tricks on me with all of the anxiety and stress and depression. But week to week it gets SO much better. Whoever out there is going through withdrawal or considering getting off of methadone just remember it CAN be done if you WANT it. I jumped off at 10mgs, which is relatively low apparently compared to some people Iv heard jumping off at higher doses. The only symptoms I still have is sneezing and a runny nose which is certainly tolerable. If you or anyone you know need more detailed information about how I did it, feel free to reply. Just so you, YOU CAN DO THIS! IT GETS BETTER EVERYDAY THAT GOES BY!!!! Keep on it. It all gets better.