Notices

I slipped...

Old 09-24-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question I slipped...

Once again I went and slipped, I did a couple methadones yesterday... And I hate myself for it because i was on day 12 .. still taking some white bupe for the withdrawls. Staying asleep is hard. I'm getting discouraged. I keep going back and forth. And i'm ready to break this pattern.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came straight back PanicProne
Any ideas on what you might do differently now to stay clean?

D
Old 09-25-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Here's some useful links

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 09-25-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Here's some useful links

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 10-03-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Go at things again PanicProne!!

The important thing is to keep moving forward, don't beat yourself up, just draw a line and keep pushing through!!

You can do this!!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Waiting For Engines

Wink

Originally Posted by PanicProne View Post
Once again I went and slipped, I did a couple methadones yesterday... And I hate myself for it because i was on day 12 .. still taking some white bupe for the withdrawls. Staying asleep is hard. I'm getting discouraged. I keep going back and forth. And i'm ready to break this pattern.
I've been on methadone for 12 years and I stopped taking it this weekend so that I could boot up "H". I could have stopped since I tried to get my password to SR and post my need for support. Instead, look what I did? I sabotaged myself, PanicProne.

My feeling is that you may have "slipped" but you did not relapse. I know that you must have heard this somewhere—"A slip is not a fall."
PanicProne. I am really not into these sayings, but when getting off something like methadone on your own or even as an ambulatory medical patient, a slip may occur. You cannot beat yourself up for it since this is part of your recovery, in my opinion.

I just turned 52 years old and I spent my birthday walled up in my apartment with some girl who jabs me since I cannot even do it myself. I forfeited spending tim,e with my brother who is one of those healthy people who still loves me.

You were on Day 12 of being away from methadone and you took "a couple of pills." Stop beating yourself up, my friend.

Don't take away the good thing that you did accomplish! 12 days without methadone? That is quite an accomplishment and I wish that I could do that.

Remember that tapering off of methadone is one of the most difficult things a human being can do. I do not know if you are medically supervised but you should be.

Be good to yourself, okay?

K.