Well, here I am, still.

Old 10-26-2020, 10:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, here I am, still.

Some of you know my story, and for those who don't- well, I certainly don't have it in me to repeat it. And if I did, I doubt you would believe it. Even my own mother says she wouldn't, if she hadn't attended my court dates with me. How could so many people be so incompetent? How can it ALWAYS be about parental rights, when children's lives are at stake?

Anyway, where I'm at right now:
My ex put my kids in serious danger, and because of that, was ordered supervised visitation. It's been that way for 2 years. All he has to do to get unsupervised visitation is to pass a hair follicle drug test.

Lately he's been telling the kids that he passed a drug test and will be seeing them soon. I KNOW what he's been up to lately. I KNOW the people he's been hanging around. They are dangerous people! Of the people I cited as threats to our children in my original narrative- almost all have been arrested since then, one of them (my ex's girlfriend at the time) for murder! (She sold fentanyl-laced heroin to a man, killing him). I know my kids will not be safe in his house. I don't care what the results of the drug test say- I know who he is hanging around, and I know they will not be safe.
But I also know there is no justice, no common sense in family court.
Help me to make sense of this, or to just be at peace. Or help me to know what I should do. I cannot afford a lawyer. I am in this all on my own. I've been raising my boys and they are doing so well! Straight A's, sweet boys. What do I do?
Old 10-27-2020, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Hechosedrugs, that's quite the journey you have been on and I am sorry for your trouble.

He may have said that to the kids, but even they can see through him. He'd have to prove it to a judge and perhaps prove it regularly over a period of time.

You are doing a wonderful job with your children, keep your eye on them and yourself. Awfulizing about what could happen will only make you sick with worry.

And lastly, can you get a lawyer who advocates for children? Or a good medical/phychological person who can testify on their behalf, should the time come?

I will keep you and your children in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 10-27-2020, 01:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have not experienced this situation myself, but I do agree with what you say about the complete lack of common sense. Who in their right mind, would think it appropriate for children to be around those kinds of people.
Parent or not, it's not always a good idea for children to be around an unstable parent who may not keep them safe.
i truly feel for you, and if I could, I'd give you the money for a lawyer myself. It must be such a worry for you.
Do you have children's advocacy services where you are? May be useful to find out.
Sending Love
Bute x