Notices

I am turning into a monster!

Old 11-17-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I am turning into a monster!

my wife is 3 days without a smoke.I tried but failed,smoking 10 cigs a day instead of 30
today I slapped a patch on and a nicotine lozenge in my mouth.
smoked 2 so far today
got very irked a hour ago and I would have cussed out the pope.

what a bunch of insanity withdrawals are.I have some prayers wrote down and i am going to use them all day if necessary to try to keep the wolves at bay.

sugarbear,and everyone else,good luck on your non smoking
Old 11-17-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

I watched my mom gasp for a breath....it wasn't fun....

She didn't have a problem being seen with a cig in her mouth, but refused to go too far when she was attached to an oxygen tank....

The Chantix helped me reduce my smoking....and finally stop completely.....because I forgot to take them for two days, I stopped the Chantix completely and my cravings happen, but I can say things are calm....

I wish you and your wife success!!!
Old 11-17-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've tried patches, gum, anti-depressants (my Dr. would prescribe Chanix), natural products for depression and anxiety, and always went back within a week or two. I started taking Rhodiola in January (mood stabilizer - OTC natural product), quit cold turkey a few weeks later, and I'm still smoke free. I still go through periods where I get cravings, but they are manageable, and I can honestly say that I haven't gone off the deep end with anyone.

I can relate to the "monster," I warned my husband and daughter that I had quit smoking and would be isolating myself for their protection. I can't remember ever being as calm and in control as I've been this year.

Talk to your doctor, he/she may suggest something to get you through the first few months, it's worth it!
Old 11-21-2016, 12:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I tried to kill my wood stove with the fire poker and it chipped and broke a nice window behind me. I didn't even realize it until I came back into the room and saw what looked like a bullet hole. I thought a stray .22 had hit the window until I looked closer and saw that the inside pane had the hole in it! It took me a minute to figure out it was the tip of the fire poker but I was sure glad it hadn't took out one of my eyes! So long story short- cuss and, even better, pray all you want but don't go punching or hitting anything. It really is tough and can seem impossible in the early days but as intense as it is the cravings do decrease. 6 years later I still gotta get that window fixed:-)
Old 11-21-2016, 12:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I enjoy that nit gum.
The expensive flavored brand.
M-Bob
Old 11-21-2016, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Many, many years ago a woman, in an Alanon meeting, told me she quit smoking by turning it over to God (her Higher Power), asking for support and to be free from cravings. She swore it worked for her.

I've tried to quit smoking many times. Never went too public with my quit attempts because then it would be harder to keep on smoking. Never turning it over to my Higher Power because I didn't want to give up the control. I finally went all in 16 days ago - I put all my belief and faith in my higher power and it has been pretty smooth. There are cravings, but I say out loud "God you've got this. It's no problem." and I believe it.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good stuff