Notices

Class of January 2012

Old 01-02-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

Talking Class of January 2012

Hey Everyone,

Anyone that just quit smoking ciggies(as i have ), Pleses let me know how it is going for you. I'm on day 2 & its ok. I need the support of others to get me though. so if's there's any one out there , lets get this thread going .

Old 01-02-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

On day 2 also

Hi Sampar,

Thanks for posting. I'm on day 2 of opiate withdrawal. I was taking upwards of 30 pills a day. I just can't live like this anymore-I've had a year clean in the last six years, that's it! It's been on and off and I seem to continue to make choices that make my life stressful.

Hopefully we can get through this together with support from others here who have gone before us.

I hope you have a great night!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sampar,
I didn't just quit, but quit chain smoking three packs a day when I quit drinking last year. I was so addicted to smoking that I was afraid if I relapsed on cigarettes I would with drinking right behind it. I did detox from both in hospital. So having said that, here is what I wanted to tell you. I did the nicotine patches that you are supposed to do and be off of in one month. I did each step for four months so now sober 15 months but have only been off nicotine for three months and days. I gained a lot of weight since then.

So use the patches if nothing else works, and work out from the start. Hope that helps my friend.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

not a smoker, im a dipper. but i too will be on day 3 tomorrow
Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it Sampar! I've got 2 and a half months in and it is oh so worth it. I feel better, breath better, smell better and have saved a ton of money.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

January 4th

Using the nicorette patches , am finding them very helpful. Realised yesterday that is addiction is the same as my alcoholism, I'm powerless over it so i have handed it over BUT i am not powerless over my attitude & my negativity. I am NOT powerless over my recovery, i have the power to exert a positive influence on myself, my loved ones, and the world in which i live

Needed reminding of that as my mood with my family yesterday was anything but positive!!! This time i have quit i'm using my programme of AA to help me, so its one day at a time for me. I've also cut out the junk food & began excercising again. I sooo look forward to be back running miles upon miles again................here's too good old BREATHING lol
Old 01-07-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, day 7 for me. I am bitchy, grouchy and cold turkey. Both cigarettes and alcohol.
My motivation is my Mom, she has extensive small cell lung cancer and we just learned no further chemo will be be offered.
I have smoked off/on since 16 now 46. I need to stop for my kids and my life.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today is much better at least for me. How is everyone else doing with the nic fits?
Old 01-10-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I managed a week then i smoked last saturday , i got brave decided i didnt needa patch , bough ciggies 3 hrs later!! SO back to start again it was for me, wearing my patches again, cravings are much worse this time but i got to do this !! its for me!!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sampar, don't beat yourself up!! As long as you have the fight you will win!! I've been "smoke free" now for almost a year (feb 9th) and before my quit I tried 3 months before that weekly...I was lucky if I made it 2 days. "Then, I got mad and was determined. I fought from within and WON!! This comes from a 33 year smoker. Now, I know for sure that I will NEVER light up again! Yes, the thought still comes around daily but not a crave just a thought! Fight it!!! Write down why you want to quit and read it often.

Good luck to you all.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hate smoking now i really do, been out walking/running & wow i can feel the ebnefit already, TRUTH is, i have smoked but i am down to 3 ciggies a day, I'm watching my diet & building my excercise routine. I had planned on quitting for good at the end of January & under pressure from my Husband i did it earlier. Honest to God, i think (??) i have to do this when my mind is set & i know i am nearly there. I dont think i am ding too bad going from 40 a day to 3 (???) .
Sooooo Sampar the 3 a day smoker who is determind to quit
Old 01-28-2012, 02:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hey,sampar.....i have quit this month also....and i am on day 25.Using the patches,which are a great help....I smoked a pack a day for thirty years..I think about lighting up all the time....every time i sit down,pick up the phone,get in the car,finish a meal....but i also think of why i am doing this(finally quitting) every time i cough,wheeze and loose my breath.....I wish i felt better pysically,but i know it will take time to clear this body of thirty years of polluting my lungs. I DO enjoy not having to worry about if i have enough smokes for the day....and not having to choose between spending my last few dollars on cigarettes or milk.....It is so hard.....but we can do it this time!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats to all the people seeing success here!

I was a smokeless tobacco user (like you mttwlsn16), and it's been about 2 and a half years now. It can be done.

Good luck everyone and keep us posted.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

SOOOO, just like my drinking, trying to control smoking just didnt work, i was back up to 30 ciggies a day in no time!!

BUT

I'VE been off the smokes now 5 days , a day at a time, no more talk of future, or even tomorrow, i have to keep it in the day as i did with my drinking.
So heres to now, not smoking .......................
Old 02-03-2012, 09:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats on the 5 days. I have no ability to moderate many things. Smokeless tobacco was one of them. I was going through a tin a day, and wanted a chew in every waking minute. I needed to quit.

That said...for some reason I can moderate cigs. I don't have any now, but in the past could have a couple in a night, then go months or years and repeat. Then again, I never really was a smoker, so that might be why.

Anyway...not the point. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

but we can do it this time!

hey,sampar.....i have quit this month also....and i am on day 25.Using the patches,which are a great help....I smoked a pack a day for thirty years..I think about lighting up all the time....every time i sit down,pick up the phone,get in the car,finish a meal....but i also think of why i am doing this(finally quitting) every time i cough,wheeze and loose my breath.....I wish i felt better pysically,but i know it will take time to clear this body of thirty years of polluting my lungs. I DO enjoy not having to worry about if i have enough smokes for the day....and not having to choose between spending my last few dollars on cigarettes or milk.....It is so hard.....but we can do it this time!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Quit chewing a week before quitting drinking. I weaned myself down on the chewing over the course of a month or so. Stretching further and further each time. Quit on Dec 25, 2011 for good, then quit drinking on Jan 2.
Depression was my biggest battle, thought I was going insane until about day 45. Hope this helps. Well worth it once you thru. Don't look back!