Notices

Almost a year of not binge drinking I drunk

Old 05-25-2019, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost a year of not binge drinking I drunk

I'm so stupid. For not drinking for almost a year I go out and get drunk and keep drinking for 6 days.i don't know what's wrong with me. I'm scared and switch from beer to hard liquor. I got an uber to run to the liquor store. I was too drunk to drive. But I'm home now and drinking orange juice and vodka. I'm 36 and still doing this to myself. Don't know what to do
Old 05-25-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi WhyNotNowMe

I think the important thing is to stay calm and pour out the rest of the vodka. It's not going to be easy to do that or not to call another Uber -= but you can do it/

Everyone has to start somewhere at a day one

Make better use of this place - 31 posts over a year is good but maybe you need more support?

D
Old 05-25-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry you drank, but use this as a lesson that you (or any of us here) cannot moderate.

I think you should pour the rest of the liquor away, drink some water, and get some rest. Tomorrow you'll probably feel terrible, but come back here and talk with everyone and make a plan for sobriety. If you need to detox, go to the ER or your doctor to do it safely. But come back here. Keep posting.

Just pour the booze out, and you can start again. You can do this.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What I have been doing the year was working 14 hours a day. My regular job and uber after work. I think I snatched and want to party. I work on Christmas and new years eve. I should have focus on my self and now I'm here watching tv and drinking. 😢
Old 05-25-2019, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

All the more reason to work on a plan that doesn't depend on you working 14 hours a day.

I know the last thing you want to do right now is stop drinking - which is the very reason why you should.

Get back to your right mind and then you can draft a new plan

D
Old 05-25-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dump the booze and get some rest, then start over tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, working a ton is really hard. I also work 7 days a week and drive for lyft a few nights a week. It wears you down and exhausts you to the point where you feel you'll never be rested. Unfortunately though, keeping ourselves busy isn't a plan for sobriety. You have to work at that, too .

But hey, I've found that when I'm not drinking, I can make time for myself even though I'm working so much and I can really appreciate and enjoy that time because I don't feel sick or need to drink. Drinking more tonight won't help anything right now.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know I should go to the hotel but last I went. They made me wait 4 hours and when I got a bed they give me a bed and give me a pills for B12 and got a 1600 bill. I went home after and drank again. I know I should throw the vodka away but I want one more night. I know it's no Excuse but it make me feel better
Old 05-25-2019, 06:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi WhyNotNowMe

I think the important thing is to stay calm and pour out the rest of the vodka. It's not going to be easy to do that or not to call another Uber -= but you can do it/

Everyone has to start somewhere at a day one

Make better use of this place - 31 posts over a year is good but maybe you need more support?

D
I have trust issues. I always think people think the worst of me. It's not good but it's my mind. It's way I work all the time. Not think about it
Old 05-25-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi WhyNotNowMe,

To be honest, you're describing me.
It's just a symptom of alcoholism. No matter how long I go without a drink, if I start, I won't stop until I'm forced to stop.

The sooner you stop the bender, the better for you. Definitely take dpac's advice and seek medical attention if you need to detox. 6 days of continuous drinking is hard on your system.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have trust issues. I always think people think the worst of me. It's not good but it's my mind. It's way I work all the time. Not think about it
I've never been on a more welcoming forum than this one.

Heck, if someone gives you the forum equivalent of the stink-eye you can use the ignore function.

gotta be better than whats happening now - I think it's worth a go?

D
Old 05-25-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dee's right. The people here are some of the most incredible, kind people.

Either way, feel free to talk with us for awhile tonight. I'll be here for another hour or so at least. Of course, we'll still tell you to pitch the booze and get some water before bed, but everyone here is a great listener too.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you're struggling. And, working 14 hour days seems unsustainable. Hopefully you can find a way to work less hours and to have some time to yourself. It's important to take time to care for yourself and to do things you enjoy. It's especially important in recovery to remember to care for yourself.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I don't think you are stupid, I think you are like the rest of us and have an alcohol problem. Sounds like you are dealing with other things as well. In my opinion, the best way to deal with them is one at a time, and while sober. You'd be amazed at what you are capable of.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

you've slipped up-so what ? we've ALL done it here and I defy anyone to say otherwise.

self-loathing will only send you deeper towards the bottom of the bottle-you're not stupid and you're not sitting around freeloading-you've got an addiction yes-but you've proved once before at least-that you can do it and still function.

maybe lower your hours a bit and get out of town sort of fares where you're not around a party atmosphere so much-it's all little things you're doing but when you stack them all up-the difference shows. . . . just keep adding little things as and when you think of them.

hope you get it sorted out-and stop with the self hatred.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon, mate. Too much stress is a quick path to picking up a drink, one must be mindful of that particular danger. Rest and get back on the sober path.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I’m so glad you posted. I know it’s hard, but that one more night can turn into just one more night...

I found when I started focusing on recovery as making physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy choices things started to turn around. When I first joined SR I was solely focused on not drinking, and I spent about three years alternating between sobriety and failed attempts at moderation. On January 1, 2016 I sat down and came up with a recovery plan that focused on all of the above.

Some of the things that worked for me where:
-Reading and posting on SR daily
-Mindfulness techniques
-Reading recovery books
-Exercise, particularly getting outdoors and walking. The combination of exercise and nature really helps me.
-Focusing on gratitude, and what I have, rather than what I don’t

Start today by pouring out the vodka, drink lots of water, get some rest, and take a shower if you’re up to it. Tomorrow, pick one small thing to accomplish, and continue to do that each day. Keep posting on here.

You can do this!
Old 05-27-2019, 03:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

hows it going, WhyNotNowMe?

D
Old 05-27-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
hows it going, WhyNotNowMe?

D
drunk still 😢
Old 05-27-2019, 07:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that. How can we help you to decide to try recovery again??

D