Notices

life is hard and i am so immature

Old 02-27-2019, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

life is hard and i am so immature

hey everybody. quick back round I was a heavy social drinker when I was 20 till 22 then after a bad break up and due to a move to constant solitude due too friends going home for summer for three months I morphed into a round the clock drinker like 10-14 beers for 3 years finally managed to get sober at 25 after vomiting blood due to a ripped throat i was so terrified I quit drinking.

509 days sober now. i have been suffering from steatorrhea and weather my liver is screwed is still up in the air, ultrasound, CT scans, blood tests, colonoscopy all normal and the NHS move painfully slow when your non urgent. the lack of diagnosis has caused me a year and half of stress . seeing my consultant next month going to beg for a biopsy.
the other issue i have is my ex girlfriend, of about 3 years ago (not the break up that trigged my alcoholism) has recently broken up with her boyfriend and we have been talking more and more, we stay friends after we broke up and would talk but she lives out of town. she came to see me the other day and we went out for dinner and talked and laughed and had a great time. she hinted about us getting back together. we still texting but she took all day to reply to a text and i started to get upset like a teenager.
the i realised i am just so immature, those golden yeas for maturing an i drank them away and that's why i don't have to wear withal to deal with life problems
Old 02-27-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi whiskertron

you might be being a bit hard on yourself - I don't really see anything there that screams immaturity to me.

We all have insecurities - especially in the romantic realm.

My advice is try and and treasure it for what it is - a good friendship.

if something else redevelops from her side well ok, but if not, it's still a good friendship

I found that dealing with my problems, and thinking through my insecurities was actually a great way to start 'adulting' as PhoenixJ here calls it.

D
Old 02-27-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you have done really, really well with your recovery. So, take a moment to pat yourself on the back.

Hopefully you and your ex girlfriend can enjoy each other as friends and see what comes along.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Whiskertron - it's wonderful to have you with us.

I stunted my emotional growth with alcohol too, but it took me much longer to get sober. You're doing great. I hope you'll stay with us - it helps to have the encouragement of this group.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I think you're doing well in your recovery. Be kind to yourself.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

509 is awesome.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Be kind to yourself, you’re doing an amazing job and bows your time to enjoy your sobriety. Don’t give in and keep up the hard work, you’ve come so far!!