Notices

Class of June Support thread Part 1.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Day 14. By God I've earned these days. Whew.
Keep plugging folks. We can do this.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I'm here and intend to stay! Lets go Class of June 2016
Old 06-13-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I'm back

Trying again. Best wishes to all.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats JL2014 on two weeks sober today! And to anyone else celebrating a milestone of any kind today from one day onwards.

Today is three months sober for me. My own classes of March 2016 and July 2013 have made all the difference for me. Stick close to each other, ask for help as soon as you need it, help others out anytime you can, and remember that a drink is not the answer to any of our life's problems. You call can do this. We all can do this!
Old 06-13-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

All I've thought about is drinking all day. It is like day 16 for me. I have feelings about things, constant struggle with that. Drinking helps me to not be aware but I don't want to live like that.

Doesn't help that every therapist I 've ever had has treated it like no big deal. How much do I have to drink for it not to be a big deal?
Old 06-13-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Day One

May take a little bit on training wheels to get used to the site. I have been reading, but first time posting. I have been getting progressively better, but today is my stop vs. moderate Day 1. I appreciate all of your posts. Just a reminder you are helping people who never say a word just by sharing. My time here is what led me to today. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome to SR, AcornToOak!
Old 06-13-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Smile

Welcome Shebauski, Acorn and all the others that joined the June class

Day 5 here...so thankful to have made it through the weekend without a drink. Only the second time since I left treatment in March that I can say that. But man was it hard. AV was my constant companion all weekend. Physically, I am feeling a little better... finally got a decent nights sleep last night, but still feel very tired and have little motivation. Mentally, however the dreaded "brain fog" is starting to set in. I start moving into my new apartment on Wednesday and the concept of packing seems like brain surgery! I found that I mostly just wandered around aimlessly looking at empty boxes, but somehow by the end of the day I had a few packed

Had a very close call yesterday...it started with a disastrous hair dying episode where my hair turned out a greyish blue rather than the light brown on the box...upon seeing that I was like "that's it, off to the liquor store"...because of course that is such a life altering thing to sacrifice my sobriety for. But, somehow I fought through that urge & started trying to pack boxes. However, last night was my boyfriend's mom birthday & we had to go out to dinner. On a side note, I must say that I have really bad socially anxiety and have never really felt comfortable around his parents (or most people for that matter) and now on top of that I had to go to dinner with them with blue hair! My AV was SCREAMING in my ear that I knew what would take the edge off. But thankfully I played the tape through and imagined how horrible it would be if I ruined his mom's birthday by being drunk. So I went, ate dinner, didn't die because I didn't have that drink before. Came home. Went to bed sober and woke up to Day 5 today.

I know each time I fight AV it will get easier and I passed a big test this weekend.

Hang in there everyone! We can do it!
Old 06-13-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Unhappy do I start as day 1 or should I

Let me remind again. 2 years of sobriety. 15 days before the completion of 2 yrs I started. Drank for 3 and a half months. (very very bad consequences including an unsuccessful suicide attempt) April 2nd I quit. Drank two nights ago. Nothing happened. Now should I act like it didnt happen or just begin from day one again. day 2 actually. Which one is more motivating? What do u think? Tomorrow I have a dinner. I will try holding myself. Please help me do so!!!
Old 06-13-2016, 01:29 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
nmd

Welcome back tryinginTexas!
Old 06-13-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Day 14 and I'm so bored. I hate this, just wishing time away untill I can go to asleep. No real cravings so that's a plus. Just bored and lonely, sorry I'm having a pity party for one tonight.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
Let me remind again. 2 years of sobriety. 15 days before the completion of 2 yrs I started. Drank for 3 and a half months. (very very bad consequences including an unsuccessful suicide attempt) April 2nd I quit. Drank two nights ago. Nothing happened. Now should I act like it didnt happen or just begin from day one again. day 2 actually. Which one is more motivating? What do u think? Tomorrow I have a dinner. I will try holding myself. Please help me do so!!!
Day 2 Mia I think is the the consensus. Welcome back. We'll be here.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Day 14 down.
It was tiring and ugly today. I didn't do good at giving things up to a higher power. I'm rattled and exhausted. Long 4 days of work ahead. I'll be listening to speakers talk on alcoholism and step work as much as I can.
Gnite friends,
Old 06-13-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Time For A New Thread

Continues Here;

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5998575