Notices

Taking some getting used to "feeling" tired......

Old 02-20-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking some getting used to "feeling" tired......

Keen to gear what physical sysmptoms troubled or are troubling you about the 3 months or plus mark? Did it get easiet beyond 3 months? Im 2 weeks 27 days. Im a but frustrated that I seem to have glimpses of feeling good then feel woozy tired groggy etc. Tomorrow's day 6 of a 6 day shift and Ive been averaging 5 to 6 hours sleep a night...

It doesn't feel like enough and its making me feel bit woozy/groggy. Ive been progressing in that I havent had much anxiety over the last 2 weeks no panic attacks for at least 4 weeks. I've started doing 15 mjn on the treamill when im up to it. I seem to really question the sensations of tiredness if that makes sense. Im not used to tiredness as a few beers would make it go usually... Sleep seems really important in my recovery right now, hope im still healing.... get my 3 months bloods in a few days
Old 02-20-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things got a lot better for me energy wise after 3 months., Justin

You'd think exercise would tire you out but it actually invigorated me. I tried to do 15- 30 mins daily, even when I didn't feel like it - I soon felt the difference.

D
Old 02-21-2015, 12:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Things got a lot better for me energy wise after 3 months., Justin

You'd think exercise would tire you out but it actually invigorated me. I tried to do 15- 30 mins daily, even when I didn't feel like it - I soon felt the difference.

D
I was reading in a book I bought, got the recommendation from the reading list here on SR, that 90 days (3 months) is when the body finally rids itself of the toxins from alcohol and craving aren't as bad.

I read that and decided to try it, but I choose 100 days because it just looks better to me in my head. I am hoping that after 100 days I wont have such a hard time saying no to beer and then be able to say the word, forever finally.

Exercise for me, if done early and not at night, gets me sleepy at the end of the day. But it sure does get the day started good when I do it the morning... I just need to jump back on that wagon.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, yes it does seem to be taking a long time to get it out of my system. Youre both right about exercise. Id love to do in morning but up at 530 for work as it is...what was the name of the book?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mrjustin View Post
Thanks, yes it does seem to be taking a long time to get it out of my system. Youre both right about exercise. Id love to do in morning but up at 530 for work as it is...what was the name of the book?
Name of the book is Being Sober: A Step-By-Step Plan For Getting To, Getting Through, And Living In Recovery by Harry Haroutunian, M.D. I have not read the whole book yet. I seem to stop and get stuck on some parts. Probably me being reluctant at times. I will finish it though it will take time as I begin to accept this life without booze again.