Notices

Warrant Issued

Old 05-30-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Warrant Issued

My AW and I have not spoken in 7 weeks. No longer could I handle the verbal abuse of her problem being my fault. Everything culminated (while not responding) to me having to block her cell number. Maybe I am different or still codependent, but the anxiety caused by such texts and emails was more than I could bear. I knew she was drunk, but the next day she would text and say she was on a Z pack from a cold and not drinking.

I have diligently forwarded her mail to the friend's of ours she is staying with but I knew that she was not taking care of her business because I know when the DMV is sending letters, it isn't good.

A knock on my door 4 days ago confirmed my suspicion. She has a warrant for her arrest and is supposed to serve 30 days in jail. This breaks my heart but I gave the officer the mailing address for which she is staying as well as her parents. The only reason I thought of her parents is that after blocking her cell number I received a call from her mother's number. I answered the phone thinking something bad had happened to my wife but it was my wife and she started off "Hey A**hole". I just hung up. Several voicemails followed that were awful. "I am watching Dr. Phil and this man is you to a T.....controlling, an a**hole, etc."

I have to admit I was torn, albeit briefly, to provide this information to the officer but for 3 months, she has had her chance to figure out her ADSAP class requirements as ordered by the judge to no avail. As well, she has hired no attorney to answer my complaint for divorce. Has anyone experienced such? I just think that if she is so happy as she claims to be away from here and me, why not leave it alone? I doubt misdemeanor warrants are served across state lines but now it makes things difficult to move forward with divorce especially if they notify her of the warrant.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation Husband.
I don't think you could do anything else in the circumstances tho.

Did you ever look into AlAnon?

D
Old 05-30-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am sorry for your circumstances and hope you can get some support to get you thru these tough times. It's best that she face the consequences of her actions. Maybe she'll learn something.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck for your future, although never a wild drunk I must have bored my wife to tears at times .
I hope for both of you she'll give up and give you some peace and maybe face life and divorce for you.
John
Old 05-30-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

You did the right thing and hopefully your wife will choose to stop drinking.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there, this must be really heart breaking for you.

But I think contributing to her rock bottom is a nice thing you are doing indirectly for her.

Stay strong
Old 05-30-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

You are doing your best, and I am impressed by your level headedness under the circumstances

I hope she finds her way to some peace in her life