Notices

Muscle spasms and pins and needles

Old 09-13-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Muscle spasms and pins and needles

Forty days later after my last drink, I no longer twitch throughout the night.

Also, I had the added pleasure in sobriety of pins and needles in various places, hands, feet, calves, arms.

That stopped 2 days ago. Not a twinge since.

I'm banking on that this is my brain healing. So that goal of being able to drive again starting month 3 is looking more and more like a reality !

Tingly fingers crossed...
Old 09-13-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AO, you are doing so awesome my lovely one! I had the tingly feet and twitches in other weird places (like elbows, nothing stranger than that or I might not have made it so far ) but, yes, it went away after the second month or so. Also had wicked cotton mouth for awhile which was strange since I was intent on pouring so much water and Diet Coke down my gullet as to hopefully float out the six million calories in cake and cookies I was consuming on a daily basis...

Didn't work.

But I just remember that bugging me. Like, "Damn, I was sweater-mouth and teeth the whole time I was drunk and now sober too??!"

Oh to drive again! I also stopped that altogether because of the wicked anxiety that it would cause. Just getting in the front seat would start my heart a'racing'

I managed to start driving again just about the time I was getting pissed off so I went from driving like a terrified old lady to a road-raging teenager but, hey, at least I was mobile again and not reliant on friends and/or public transportation anymore.

Glad you're feeling good and love you and your posts, as always!

xoxo
Old 09-13-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

It is exceptionally inspiring that you are driving. You can't imagine what hope that gives me.

I was driving with a coworker today whose skills behind the wheel parallels Mario Andretti. I seriously wanted to vomit from car sickness. (Off the line like someone is chasing her and this is with a car in front of her ).

But the real clincher, was when the dog in the back seat did one of those head shake things, and a 10" loogie landed on the air conditioning vent and just kinda hung there staring at me. Being already woozy from the motion sickness, I started to laugh and gag simultaneously while frantically searching my purse for a tissue to wipe the behemoth off. But, alas, there was no tissue or napkin to be found.

Maxi pad to the rescue.

PS - I adore you right back ! MWAH !