Notices

7 days clean

Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 days clean

Hi All,

I've never tried this method of support before in my seemingly never ending battle with heroin addiction, having said that I don't think I've ever really been serious about my recovery before. I'm kinda isolated where I am so NA meetings aren't an option. My partner of 10 years couldn't be more supportive Christ knows how he has managed to get his head around this bombshell I'm after dropping on him but this time around I really need to do something different so I figured reaching out online might draw some help cos I'm so afraid I'll drift back into those circles , I'm afraid I can't do it long-term and find myself singing Dolly Partons One day at a time at numerous stages during the day.... I'm also aware that because I've been using for so long my emotions are all over the place crying then hyper and happy.
anyway that's where I am right now.
thanks for listening!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. There is a lot of hope and strength here. If you check out the substance abuse section, you will also see posts directly related to heroin.
Keep posting and reading. Everyone is very welcoming here and always tries to help a newcomer.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome RI24

You'll find a lot of support and help here

I have no experience with heroin myself - I recommend you also look at our substance abuse forum as well:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 12-06-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there RI24
Congratulations on your 7 days. I used to use heroin many years ago and its difficult to stop. I am now trying to stop a codeine habit which is not easy either.
I used an online forum to quit booze 4 years ago and it really is very helpful
Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Startingover444,

thanks for your words of support, I think any form of opiate is as bad as the next and if you managed to quit heroin then you know in your heart that you are capable having said that i do think that codeine would be more difficult for the simple reason is its so accessible. so so so glad i found this site!

RI24
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm really glad you're here. Wonderful, at 7 days clean the physical part is just about over, now you just have to keep your mind healthy and focused. Don't ever believe the lies that the pull of the drug want to tell you... drugs and alcohol are lying dirt bags.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Daisy