Notices

cold turkey methadone detox

Old 08-21-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cold turkey methadone detox

I am on day 19 of my 1st attempt to get off methadone. I've been on 80mg of methadone for over a year and on 8/02 on my way to clinic we got pulled over. I came up with a warrant that made me sit in jail for 10 days I decided I was done!! I'm home still feeling absolutely terrible!. I'm the kind of person that functions best when I know facts, so if there's anyone who has done this (successfully) can u please lend me some advice? I'd appreciate any and all information that others have experienced to help me stay on target. Thanks to all who reads and responds!!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Since we are not allowed by the rules of the site to give medical information or suggestions of any kind, how about doing a Google search or two about Methadone Detox and Methadone Detox Cold Turkey. That should give you a lot to read up on.

However, the best thing to do is contact your Doctor and/or talk to the clinic where you were getting your Methadone from.

Also check out our Substance Abuse forums, there is lots of info there and folks who may not come to the 'Newcomer' Forum.

Good luck on your detox, and welcome to recovery.

Love and hugs,