Notices

new to this....

Old 06-07-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy new to this....

hi everyone!!!i've been searching the net all day long and just came across this sight!!!!!!some of what i read really hits home to me!!!!im not an alcoholic but i live with one!!!!!my story is very long and very much an ongoing battle!!!!!!!i will try to sum this up real fast but for any replys advice i am thankful and thanks for takeing the time to pay attention to what im about to say!!ive been raised around alcoholics all my life!!ive tryed to drink and always ends bad for me so i choose not too!!!my parents split and me and my sis were left to fend for ourselves!!!i meet a boy when i was 14yrs old and we have been together ever since im now 27 and hes 29!!!!he had a bad family life as well and of course i got the im not going to be like the rest!!well yrs later and we've had some real bad problems it started when i was pregant for our first child he would run around drink with the boys at first it wasnt so bad here and there well next thing you know hes at the bar getting dui's and all kinds of trouble well we had a few more children and one all out fight he got drunk put his hands on me and i pressed charges of course he was drunk!!!!!well after that he did his time came back and we kinda lived normal for a while!!!!well we went camping with his brother and he was right back at the bottle again at first it was weekends then it just went up and up till he was drinking over 30 beers a day he was a monster!!!!!!it came to a point where he was almost fired from a great job and me and the kids were ready to leave which is not easy when he holds the purse strings!!!!!he woke one morning about a month ago and said i cant do this anymore i need help!!!!!yay i was so excited!!!!!!well that lasted with a 3 week in treatment stay and he came home early and drank the first night and went crazy!!well after that he stopped for the week and then he drank again!!!!!i know this is not an easy battle ive seen it first hand but since he has been in the treatment he is very different he doesnt talk about anything he resents me for things in my past that were before him and i and like i tried to explain i made mistakes i was still a child!!!!!!he told me when he was mad and sober that he hates me and the only reason were here is because hes scared of his lost he's scared im going to take the kids far away then he takes it back and says he needs a break to see were he stands im trying to give him his space but im getting mixed signals im not sure what to do say or where to turn too and alnon as great as that sounds is not an option i have no car and 5 babies at home!!!!!so ive been reading and reading any advice would be much appreciated!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Kcrumbgirl

I know you'll find a lot of support here

I think you'd get a lot out of our family and friends forums too:
Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 06-07-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((kcrumbgirl)) - Welcome to SR! I hope you check out the link ((Dee)) posted above..there are a lot of people there who know what you're going through and it helps to know we're not alone

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-07-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you so much for the replys!!!!i just read detachment property lines and i believe that is what is going on but what i dont understand is how we do that and still be a family?????also i love the quotes!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you find the support you need at AlAnon or in the Friends and Families forums.