Notices

Day 20

Old 07-14-2010, 02:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 20

Today is day 20 without any alcohol. Do not feel great - still very tired. Eyes still very dull. I feel quite depressed I just want to start feeling normal again. :-(
Old 07-14-2010, 02:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Almay,
You are such a great motivation for me and surely for others. I remember all your post about being unable to make day 1. I am sure many of us were feeling the same way. Your success is really a great inspiration.
I am not sure why you are not feeling great. You are depressed and tired. I do not remember whether you have gone to a doctor or not. Perhaps you should consider doing something about the depression. It is something I am considering myself too. But it is so incredibly expensive... Even the money saved in booze does not really make up for it.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The doctor gave me something for depression and I feel great, you are right Wilde, its expensive, but worth it to me. Its taking time for m eyes to get white too!!
Old 07-14-2010, 02:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

hi Almay, great to hear from you again! Congratulations on Day 20. Why not try a healthy herbal alternative, for mood and depression, otherwise good idea to seek GP advice
Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give it time Almay - we drank for years
It will get better - we've all been through it - we wouldn't lie to you

D
Old 07-14-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Almay, congrats on your 3 weeks sober.... that is a wonderful accomplishment! Dee is right, we drank for years, it takes time to heal. no medical advice, but are you eating well and taking vitamins to help build up your body and balance it? IDK about hormone levels, but that could also contribute.

your body was used to the sugar in the alcohol, it takes time to even out. I find that the OTC supplement SAM-e helps my moods too....i take 800 mg. in the AM...along with excerise it works for me.

i would like to say however, that if you drink you will definitely feel worse...please give it a chance to balance yourself and see your doctor if you can't feel better on your own.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 21

I am really pleased 3 weeks today! But am still scared about my health. Despite having bloods done and nothing too sinister coming from them I am still concerned about my eyes. After 3 weeks I thought they would be bright again but there is no improvement at all. The whites are not yellow but a very dull grey colour - anyway I have booked a doctors appointment for Saturday morning as every time I look in the mirror at my eyes I feel anxious with worry :-(. I have tried searching the web for dull eyes but cannot find anything.
There are bonuses of course. My shoulders and neck used to be really stiff and sore - this is def improving. My face has slimmed down and every morning is hangover free.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three weeks! Give it time to start feeling better. It will come but it does take a while. Hang in there - you're doing great!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Almay,
You go girl! It seems like it was just yesterday that you were trying to get through day 1 and now look at you: day 20. Wow. I'm just a few days ahead so I feel like we've gone through this together. What an amazing accomplishment.

I also wanted to tell you that I read your "story of recovery" thread and I thought it was remarkable. I read it several times when I felt down. Very inspirational and thank you so much for writing and sharing it.