Notices

difference

Old 09-23-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

difference

hi everyone,

what a difference a day makes!!

just wanted to say that i'm really struck by the whole 'one day at a time' thing today. yesterday i felt like a total mental case. felt like i was falling apart. huge emotions - sadness, anger, fear. today i feel completely different. managed to have a good night's sleep (i think part of it was that i was really exhausted - insomnia's been an issue since quitting). anyway, today i feel fresh, positive, light, capable... i CAN handle the world today.

and so i look at yesterday as a 'bad day.' i was having a bad day yesterday. today's a good day. go figure.

i guess the purpose of this post is that it's good to give things a day. you never know what tomorrow will bring. just because you had a rotten day on tuesday doesn't mean wednesday will be the same.

i'm grateful today. happy to be alive and sober and on day 15 - another morning without a hangover!

(((THANKS EVERYONE)))
Old 09-23-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kez

well thankyou for that, because im about to go to bed now and i am so tired,, i had a real crap arvo and almost couldnt resist but i did.. so hopefully tomorrow is better