Notices

i spoke to someone

Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i spoke to someone

Apparently, im not unique in my difficulty to stop drinking. After posting, i spoke with someone about getting help. I said "right now, im not gonna get drunk, and not tomorrow... but thursday night im gonna get really thirsty and want to blow off steam at the bar. I cant make the promise that I won't hurt myself or somone else driving or being a drunken sod." I was told that today is the day to worry about. Hes right. I binge. thats what my high is, i build up steam and blow it off, as a reward or some "earned" ritual. unfortunately, its a two day hangover and Im a liability to everyone, especially myself. i have a book of meetings and a desire to stop this cycle. I was also told, that since im attempting to avoid an underlying incident rather than actually hit the brick wall, (so to speak), my fight with booze may not be real enough for me. Thats scary that i might have to bottom out. Why should I? If I know its comming, is that enough? why wait until im in a courtroom or on the local news or in a hospital. I really don't want that, I would give up drinking to not have that. But feeling this way now does not mean that I am able to avoid this when the sensation is not as vivid... what if what i know now is not as real to me when I see the neon lights? Im in bed and going to sleep sober tonight, but im scared. G'night all, see you in the morning.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and Welcome!

You can decide where your bottom is. Some folks get off the down elevator real quick with minimal consequences and others take the ride down much lower. If I had known that it absolutely was progressive I would have been willing to get help much earlier. The good news is that recovery programs do work but I had to have help. I did the 12 step deal and it worked.

This is a great resource for finding help. Please let us know how you are doing.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you again......

Please click on the line below to see your 1st post and replies.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...need-help.html

As you are driving after drinking....I sure hope you will quit
before you injure yourself or other people.

Stay at home to drink....call a taxi....walk to a bar
Driving and drinking is simply
Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome and keep coming back!!

If you have a drinking problem, maybe you should go to a few AA meetings and find out what you can do about it.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We all have different bottoms. You don't have to hit anyone elses, just your own.

AA is a wonderful place to get and stay sober.

Keep coming back.