SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 25 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394840-class-march-2011-part-25-a.html)

Babs1234 10-31-2016 08:03 AM

I really enjoy my AA meetings. I don't always relate to what they are talking about but, when I do --it is well worth the time. I always feel so much stronger after I have attended . Have a great day everyone !
Babs

mirage 11-02-2016 05:37 AM

Happy November, Marchers! :Fall12:

WB Lofty, hope you're doing well!

Hope you all had a happy Halloween! My oldest went to a friend's house and they ended up trick or treating, haha. My youngest stayed home and helped us hand out candy. I think we had 10 kids. lol Our subdivision is sort of quiet and off the beaten track, so unless you live here, we really don't get much traffic. We buy candy like we live in the city, I guess I can't wrap my brain around the fact that we don't get 150 kids through here like we did at our old house and how it was where I grew up. So I've been eating this stupid candy, which is BAD. I need to knock it off.

Glad to hear your daughter had a fun party, PBC!

Under a week to go till election day here in the states! I can't wait for it to be over, it's exhausting. lol I love politics, but man..it's just kind of ugly here right now. Our candidates are so polarizing. Election night will be fun, tho! :herewego

Hi Dee, hope you're doing well! :ValD007:

Have a great day, all! :grouphug:

Dee74 11-02-2016 06:08 AM

off to bed mirage - have a good day all :)

D

Babs1234 11-02-2016 08:17 AM

hi guys ===just checking in to say hi !
Hugs
Babs

aussieblue 11-03-2016 01:40 PM

Hi all, it's a rough day coming up , today we scatter my dear friend Lee's ashes , this is where it will really hit home , there was no funeral , he was cremated , there will be no priest , just a gathering of friends to say goodbye . So very sad.

Dee74 11-03-2016 02:46 PM

I'm sorry aussie - we're with you in spirit to help you get through this the right way :)

D

PeanutButterCup 11-03-2016 02:53 PM

A gathering of friends to say goodbye sounds perfect and meaningful, Aussie. Cry it out, remember him, honor him. And then make the most of the days you have with your loved ones and the beautiful world around you.

I'm considering starting up an AA Bible Study here in town, using the model of one I go to about 30 minutes away every Thursday night. I don't know what's involved in that, so I plan to talk to some people tonight about it. We'll see. It might be my next venture.

How are you, Lofty?
And Dee?
Mirage?
Babs?
Dave? Are you lurking? Say hello if you are!
Who else are we missing? Rosie? Frances?

Dee74 11-03-2016 03:15 PM

All good here thanks PBC :)

D

mirage 11-03-2016 06:58 PM

I'm sorry Aussie, hang in there. :hug:

All is well in Mirageville. :)

aussieblue 11-04-2016 01:40 PM

The day went well , we went down to the river bank , Lee's brother said a few words then asked if any of us would like to help spread the ashes or throw some flowers into the river. It was a perfect sunny day and there were butterflies every where and we were in the prettiest part of town . We told stories of the past and I got to catch up with people I haven't seen in years. Afterwards most people went back to the pub but we went home. That is how I want my passing to be celebrated as well.

Love to all.

aussieblue 11-04-2016 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by mirage (Post 6196881)
All is well in Mirageville. :)

:lmao

All is well in Aussieland.

mirage 11-05-2016 05:27 PM

Sounds lovely, Aus. :hug:

mirage 11-08-2016 05:38 AM

Election Day in the states! Wish us luck! lol I actually love election night. We watch CNN with all the maps and updates and cool technology. Calling the states results as they come in. It's really something else. We'll order pizza, maybe have a fire, popcorn is a possibility! And then the automated phone calls will stop and I won't have to hear that anti-Trump commercial when he yells "go (bleep) yourself.." lol I hate that one and they play it ALL the time. It'll be so nice to have it behind us, it's been long 18 months or so.

Have a great day, Marchers! Whatever happens...don't drink! ;)

PeanutButterCup 11-08-2016 05:22 PM

My hubby is predicting another fiasco like a few years back when it was weeks before the recounts were all finished and in and so many were accused of miscounting and/or fixing the numbers . I sure hope it's over tonight. Ugh.

aussieblue 11-08-2016 05:59 PM

I will be so glad when it is all over myself!!!! We have had to listen to it for months daily and it's not even our country. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!

aussieblue 11-09-2016 12:41 PM

Daily storms at the moment , no sleep soooo tired.

Donald Trump :scared:

Babs1234 11-10-2016 07:29 AM

it's ok---What will be will be. The election is over and I'm also glad.
Having a good day---having positive thoughts and going to make it a
wonderful day.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Babs :wave:

Dee74 11-10-2016 02:23 PM

Hope you got a storm break Aussie...hiya Babs :)

D

aussieblue 11-10-2016 02:41 PM

None last night and not forecast for today but tomorrow and the next day they are :15:
we badly need the rain though.

Are you getting them up your way?

Dee74 11-10-2016 02:52 PM

Not where I am - a lot of noise and a few flashes but only 10 mins of rain. We badly need something to break the humidity...:aargh4:

Babs1234 11-11-2016 08:23 AM

hi guys ! Just got done eating some pumpkin bread that I made last night.
ohhhhhh lord I better slow down on all this eating with the Holidays just around the corner I don't have much room left in my jeans. ha ha ha ha
hugs to everyone and Have a Wonderful Day.
Babs

LoftyIdeals 11-11-2016 10:51 AM

Sorry about my absence. Drinking, but will be back on the wagon soon. I am very glad the election is over. I failed out of my scholarship, so now two 800 lb gorillas are off my back, which leaves only about four 500 pounders still there. At least my heart is still beating, right?

On a plus note I am heading up to see my daughter compete in the Miss Ohio pageant tonight and tomorrow. Will have to work tomorrow but I need the break from the rat race. Its crushing me right now.

Take care everyone! I will be back in short order.

Dee74 11-11-2016 12:57 PM

Lofty

Obviously I don;t know why you relapsed but I think you really need a plan.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

There will always be a reason to drink - a good plan can 'role play' those situations and give you other options ahead of time.

Again, I don't know what it's like off SR, but if SR is your main support, I think you also need to use your support network more.

Posting after you drink is not using this community to it's full extent. Theres so much support and so many wonderful ideas here.

I understand that when part of us wants to drink it's hard to put that desire off...

but the more we fan that flame in is that wants something different, the bigger that flame will grow :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

make it now...not soon :)

D

Babs1234 11-11-2016 02:22 PM

hugs Lofty
Babs

aussieblue 11-12-2016 12:39 PM

Come on Lofty, you can do this. You want to stop don't you ? :hug:

mirage 11-13-2016 09:59 AM

Hope you get on the bus soon, Lofty. :hug:

mirage 11-13-2016 10:01 AM

Disgusting Update!: I drank spoiled soy milk today. Ok, maybe not DRANK, but it went into my mouth and I'm now scarred for life. The expiration date isn't till the 27th!! WTH?! Then? When I went to pour it out? It was all THICK and goopy. OMGGGGGG. So gross.
Ok, you all carry on now and have good day.

:yikes: :eek: :GrossL:

Babs1234 11-13-2016 10:37 AM

ohhhh Mirage that sounds awful.
Babs

aussieblue 11-13-2016 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by mirage (Post 6207120)
Disgusting Update!: I drank spoiled soy milk today. Ok, maybe not DRANK, but it went into my mouth and I'm now scarred for life. The expiration date isn't till the 27th!! WTH?! Then? When I went to pour it out? It was all THICK and goopy. OMGGGGGG. So gross.
Ok, you all carry on now and have good day.

:yikes: :eek: :GrossL:

Thanks for sharing , I think.:eek13:

aussieblue 11-13-2016 01:10 PM

Dee , how did you go in that storm yesterday. Sunshine coast sure copped it. We had a storm , it only lasted a few minutes but we did get hail and strong wind.