SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 25 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394840-class-march-2011-part-25-a.html)

Dee74 11-13-2016 02:11 PM

Not a lot happened here Aussie - just some rain and not even very heavy.

eww mirage...lol

D

aussieblue 11-18-2016 01:07 PM

Hey where is everyone???????
I have been away all week and I expected to see heaps of posts.:confused:

3 MONTHS yesterday

Babs1234 11-18-2016 01:12 PM

I was here earlier too and no one around.
Babs

Dee74 11-18-2016 03:48 PM

Congrats Aussie :a122:

hope both you guys have a good weekend :grouphug:

D

aussieblue 11-18-2016 03:50 PM

You too Dee , not a storm in sight!!!!!

Happy weekend Babs.

mirage 11-19-2016 11:20 AM

It gets quiet when people get quiet! I tend not to post if I don't see posts, sort of a vicious circle.

All well here. My boy has done 3 shows and has 2 left. (He's Joseph in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at his high school. Can't remember what I've told you.) We've been really busy with that, people coming to the show, family in from out of town, etc. He does an amazing job, I have strangers come up to me telling me they've seen it done professionally and this is better. ha. It really is something, he's killing it. People can't believe it when I say he's not going to pursue it in college. So much adulation, it's best it ends soon so it doesn't go to his head! ;) We're having a lot of fun, obviously.

Just had a friend from college come visit me this morning. He flew in from California and rented a car, and stopped here before heading to his dad's. I met him my first week of college, back in '85. I hadn't seen him since 2010! I made him breakfast and we just talked and caught up. Very nice.

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

aussieblue 11-19-2016 01:08 PM

Sounds like things are good for you at the moment Mirage. NICE!!!!

I would post more if I had something to post about and you all must get sick of my whinging.

I am going out to diner tonight with my parents , it was my fathers 81st birthday on Friday but it did not suit any of us to go out that night so we will celebrate tonight.
Chinese :eat

Love to all.:a194:

PeanutButterCup 11-19-2016 01:32 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, Aussie!!!! Congrats on 3 months!!! And enjoy your Chinese. I love me some Chinese!

Mirage, your son takes after you! I still remember that song you posted for us one time a few years back ... you've got such a beautiful, easy voice.

I've spent the day cleaning, wrapping, and basically doing stuff around the house. And my AA meeting, of course. I'm so ahead of the game for holidays! After 3 years of sobriety, I've really caught up on things like housework and sorting and organization and am, at the moment, on the ball. :dance8: Silly thing moves, though, so I don't expect to stay there forever. It's nice right now!

aussieblue 11-19-2016 01:50 PM

Hi PBC.
I really need to get myself moving as far as Christmas shopping goes I have bought one present, not that I have a lot to buy for , but what do I buy , I really struggle with gift ideas. I started last trip to town and I came home with a pair of shorts for myself lol. Yesterday I dragged out all the Christmas wrap and decorations to see what I needed to buy so I suppose that's a start.

Babs1234 11-19-2016 04:59 PM

hi Aussie, PBC,Mirage,Dee and anyone else I've missed.
Had a good day--Getting ready for the Holiday and have settled down quit a bit. Just glad that I'm not drinking this year. Have a good rest of the week-end.
Babs

mirage 11-23-2016 04:49 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

:WE1Sprinkler02::E01::WE1Sweating:

Happy Thursday to my Aussie friends!

:dance1::arms:

Dee74 11-23-2016 04:54 PM

Have a good time wherever you are guys :)

D

aussieblue 11-26-2016 02:13 PM

Hi, I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.
Sorry I am late , I haven't been checking in as much lately.
There doesn't seem to be any one around much these days.

It's been really heating up over here , it is so dry , we are desperate for rain , storms have been forecast for a couple of days and are forecast for the next few, but so far nothing , there's a lot of smoke in the air from fires in the area .

Update on Christmas shopping.... ... I have one more , what am I going to do I have no idea's at all. :confused:

If I am not around much you guys are always in my thoughts.
Love from Aussie.:grouphug:

PeanutButterCup 11-26-2016 05:51 PM

Who all do you have to buy for, Aussie? Maybe we can help you brainstorm ideas.

I went to hear a friend of mine speak at a speaker's meeting tonight. She did a great job! And now I have my granddaughter overnight and for church tomorrow. :) The tree is up, all is well.

Babs1234 11-27-2016 11:53 AM

PBC --sounds like you have things all in control. I wish you lived closer. I need some of your spunk. ha ha
Have a great day everyone. Ready for a new week.
Babs :grouphug:

aussieblue 11-27-2016 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup (Post 6222405)
Who all do you have to buy for, Aussie? Maybe we can help you brainstorm ideas.

I need to buy for my mother , father, brother and his partner , the rest of us have said no presents.
My tree doesn't go up until December 1st and all I have to do is bring it out of the closet , it is all of 10 inches tall and ready dressed. LOL.

:grouphug:

mirage 11-28-2016 06:45 PM

Thanksgiving was very nice! Since then is a different story. Got a bad bout of cramps, started on Saturday, spent all day Sunday in bed. Managed to get a few errands done today, (Monday) but still pretty bad. It's made me have some tummy issues, too. I'm really hoping tomorrow is better. Man oh man, it's rough.

I'm doing pretty well with gifts. I'm sure I'll pick up a few little things more (I tend to do a number of little things, more than one big one), but I'm not stressing about it. I start pretty early. I got my son's musical poster custom framed today. I did that for his other 2 shows, so he'll have 3 nicely framed posters. :)

We get a real tree, so we're gonna wait till next weekend. A little early yet, in case it starts losing it's needles. We need to decorate outside yet, too. Rainy and cold here!

Stay cool/warm! lol Dry! We can agree on dry.

xx

Dee74 11-28-2016 06:57 PM

Pretty humid here but doing OK. Get well soon Mirage :)

D

Babs1234 11-29-2016 06:35 AM

hi Everyone !
I have been having back problems so, going for PT this morning. Sure hope that does the trick. It's getting so, I can hardly bend down to tie my shoes. Ugh. So, will see what happens after my apt. Other than that doing well---Going to AA at noon if I get done with my apt. on time.
Hope everyone is doing well---
Hugs
Babs :wave:

mirage 11-29-2016 07:52 AM

Thank you, Dee!
Good luck, Babs! Sorry you're hurting!

The sun is shining today, gonna pop some ibuprofen and see if I can't see what Christmas lights are still working. Let's go, Mirage...time to start the day...

Dee74 11-29-2016 02:10 PM

Hope you feel better soon Babs :)

D

PhoenixJ 11-29-2016 02:31 PM

Second 'com-' I have mistaken for '16. Here now- will read and not intrude. Have a good whatever part of the 24 hour cycle it is for you. 0900 in South Aus.

Babs1234 11-30-2016 08:13 AM

I had PT yesterday and have to go back tomorrow for more. He's got me doing exercises which I really don't mind at all. So, hope to be on the mend soon.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Babs

mirage 11-30-2016 08:15 AM

No worries, Pheonix. Hope you are well!

Good to hear, Babs. Back problems during the Christmas season? Ain't nobody got time for that!

aussieblue 12-01-2016 01:21 PM

Hi Phoenix , you can post here if you want to, we could do with a few extra people these days.

Sorry you have been sick Mirage and Babs sorry about your back.
Take care you 2.

So I tried Christmas shopping again yesterday and all I ended up with was shopping rage :mad: I am not used to these big crowds , I like to get into to town early to beat the traffic ( still a nervous driver) and also too many people in the shops but it is busy early now . I will be glad when Christmas is over. I don't have a lot to look forward to either as my work load shifts into over load. One thing though this year the owners of the holiday house next door are coming for a few weeks and they are lovely people and we wont have to put up with party animals and I might actually get some sleep.
That's todays whinge, aren't you glad I posted.
Oh wait I am not finished yet storms , bloody storms!
Right, I am done now.
:grouphug:

PhoenixJ 12-01-2016 01:33 PM

AB- I just posted where it was 0755 half and hour ago but 0755 now, here. Then I turn up here and it's back to 0751. What the hell is going on over there? (haha). I do not like silly season shoppers. I have to watch my right arm being bumped- the elbow has 3 things- a bone, a nerve (plus the blood bits) and skin- no fat or muscle. So if that nerve gets bumped , kind of hurts. Some people walk in the fast lane- see a bright and shiny, then stop or cut people off to reach that b&s. I do like going to the central market for the aromas. Coffee and all of the other stuff.

aussieblue 12-01-2016 01:50 PM

I love that coffee smell myself , we just had a coffee shop open near my house and I can smell it when the wind blows in my direction . mmmmm.

PhoenixJ 12-01-2016 01:54 PM

Speaking (typing) of coffee....Art this morning, then gym (!) and study.
R U catching the dugong story on ABC 24?

aussieblue 12-01-2016 02:07 PM

No I haven't seen it . I do watch that channel on weekends , I am often up around 5 am and it's the only channel worth turning on at that time of day.
Have a nice day Phoenix and enjoy that coffee.

PhoenixJ 12-01-2016 07:47 PM

Finished art and gym. Got good feedback on progress with both. Much better than what I was doing this time last year.