SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 25 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/394840-class-march-2011-part-25-a.html)

Dee74 07-21-2016 07:31 PM

Class of March 2011 Part 25

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-24-a-20.html

D

Babs1234 07-22-2016 08:57 AM

hi everyone ! Having a good day so far ---had that AV on my shoulder this morning. I think because I made it again to 3 months. It thinks I should celebrate. Well, I came here to celebrate yet another day of being sober.
Hugs
:wave: Babs

aussieblue 07-22-2016 02:35 PM

Thanks for the new thread Dee:tyou

Congratulations on 3 months Babs :You_Rock_ don't listen to that nasty AV.

Part 25 for the class of March 11 :scoregood

Dee74 07-22-2016 04:54 PM

Have a good weekend guys - congrats Babs :)

D

mirage 07-24-2016 06:40 PM

Congrats on reaching 3 months, Babs! You got this! :)

Part 25?! What the whaaa? We rock!

Babs1234 07-25-2016 07:37 AM

thanks for the congratulations ! going in tomorrow for cataract surgery and then I get to go again next week for the other eye. Ugh.
It will be just fine.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Babs

aussieblue 07-25-2016 02:13 PM

Best wishes Babs.:grouphug:

mirage 07-25-2016 06:47 PM

Good luck tomorrow, Babs..I'll be thinking of you! :hug:

LoftyIdeals 07-26-2016 05:47 PM

Hi All,

Thought I'd check in. I read back a bit, and owe a huge congrats to mirage for 5 years! I'm proud of each of your sobriety points, old and new. Sorry I missed Dave, and hope he comes back.

I've still been drinking, but haven't today. It might be the right day to call Day 1. I'm still in counseling, individually, and marriage, and know the time is right for me to quit. I like both counselors, but unfortunately, my wife and I agreed with our counselor that we are 80% sure divorce is coming. It's a shame, as I was hoping it would help us work it out, but I think it's just helped us realize how far apart we are. It won't be easy, so it will be good to become sober again. I'd like to say at least we stayed together until the kids were grown, but I think we've probably scarred them more that we should have with all the drinking and fighting. What I really know is that I can't continue to live this way; both the drinking and the fighting. We have just never grown together in our 23 years. Sad, but true.

One of our issues was my time on SR. My wife would get jealous and suspicious of my time here. Now that it doesn't matter anymore, I hope I can join back in the conversation, and the sobriety.

I've been a wreck since my associates death in April. I had written his parents a long letter at that time, and she called me yesterday to thank me. Obviously, she was broken up. I've never met his parents, but will be meeting them at the gravesite in the next couple weeks. I still miss him lots, but have worked through much of my grief.

I've been having some successes, though. My doc changed my ADD medicine, and it's working wonders. I had lost much of my executive motor function between drinking and my former meds no longer working. And I was literally the walking dead, numb from all the fighting. But, I seem to be coming back.

I hope your cataract surgery went well today, babs! I had a root canal yesterday, and the doctor was an expert; no pain during or after, and only local anesthetic was used. I now have to get the molar crowned, coming up next month.

Glad your music is going well, Dee! I have a nephew making it in the industry, and my daughter is making it in the YouTube and modeling world.

My son has had much progress since I last posted, and now has a good full-time job and will attend community college in the fall. My other son gets back from overseas at the end of Sept, and will likely deploy shortly after.

Much love and admiration for each of you. I'm looking forward to renewed sobriety and serenity.

Peace,

Lofty

Dee74 07-26-2016 05:48 PM

Good to hear from you Lofty. It would be great for you - and us - to be here more regularly, I think :)

D

LoftyIdeals 07-27-2016 06:12 AM

Thanks, Dee. Agreed. I fell away for many reasons, including my ipad screen had shattered. Coincidentally, I completed the diy repair yesterday for less than $40. Cant believe it worked! Glad you didnt stay gone too long, and understand being mindful of balance in life. I really like the improve,ents to SR!

Babs1234 07-27-2016 06:36 AM

hi everyone !
Great to hear from you Lofty---Please keep coming back.
Surgery went just fine yesterday and now I get to do it all over again next
week on the other eye. I'm going in this morning for a recheck and then I'm going to a AA meeting around 1:00 ---looking for ward to the meeting.
I still have what they call floaters in my eye so, going to keep this short.
Hugs
Babs :wave:

LoftyIdeals 07-27-2016 08:23 AM

Glad it went well, Babs! I have a lot of clients who go through that surgery. It seems the industry has it down pat. Good luck with the other eye!

Day 2 adventures begin.

Babs1234 07-27-2016 09:50 AM

thanks Lofty -----I really look goofy---they took out my one lens and talk about funny looking. I told them it's a good way to get attention. ha ha ah ha
It will be ok----I get to do it all over again next week.
Babs

Dee74 07-27-2016 03:09 PM

Thanks Lofty :)
Welcome back Babs - glad all went well! :)

D

LoftyIdeals 07-28-2016 05:16 AM

Day 1 again. And this after a good day of work, and an attempt to explain mysellf to my wife, which, as usual, ended in argument. Counseling session this afternoon. I cant afford to go into another depression episode. Something's gotta give, and, for me, it has to be booze.

Babs1234 07-28-2016 06:45 AM

((((Lofty))) Things will get better and coming here does really help.
With out SR I would still be at the bottom of the barrel. Keep coming back.
Babs

Dee74 07-28-2016 02:21 PM

Welcome back Lofty :)

yeah, let booze give...you'll look back one day soon and marvel at the difference, I promise :)
D

aussieblue 07-28-2016 02:59 PM

Hi Lofty!!!!!! Great to see you back again. Sorry things have been rough for you. I do hope you decide to stick around and give sobriety another go.:grouphug:

Glad the surgery went well Babs.

What a day I had yesterday , I was looking forward to a day out shopping and you all know how much I like that.:c031: Up early to beat the traffic ( cause I still have driving anxiety) and the car wouldn't start , I had to wake my husband up to look at the car , my battery was flat , we got it started with jumper leads and off I go but not to the shops I had to go to auto electricians first , they tested my battery and told me it was no good and I needed a new one ( which my husband thought would be the case). $170 later I was ready to go shopping , groceries only now :c020: . NOT the happy day out I had planned for myself. I also lost all confidence in the car and was that anxious I couldn't wait to get home.

Rant over.

:grouphug:

Dee74 07-28-2016 03:22 PM

Think of the shopping build up you'll have for the next shopping trip Aussie
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ilies/c031.gif

D

mirage 07-28-2016 08:50 PM

Glad it went well, Babs. One more eye to go! Makes ya thankful you're not a spider with 8 eyes, doesn't it?

Aw, Aus..that's not a rant, girl, that's hard cold FACT! You had yourself a crap day! Sorry your shopping trip was derailed. Grrrr. I hope you get to get to try again soon, with all that pent up shopping Dee says you now have. lol TAKE COVER! SHE'S BAAAAACK!

Hey Lofty, glad to see you checking in. I'm sorry you're having troubles personally. That's so hard. I was glad to hear your meds got tweaked and that it seems to be working for you. That's good news. :) One day at a time, with it all. You've got a TON on your plate. Try to breathe deeply, take care of yourself, make yourself relax, treat yourself kindly, stay sober. There's so much un-learning and re-learning to do. One hour at a time. Try to find time to smile.

Hey hey to everyone else! :hug:

Babs1234 07-29-2016 08:01 AM

hi ! Just checking in to say Hello !
Hope everyone has a good week-end.
I'm going through a few mood swings and it's not my first time at this so, I get
that part of it. But, I really dislike it. I feel them coming on and try to change my attitude about things and that does seem to help. It's just getting my mind to go along with it. like everything else this too will pass.
Hugs
:wave: Babs

aussieblue 07-29-2016 02:56 PM

I had a shopping dream last night and I was walking and I couldn't get to the shop , the really weird thing about this is , it is the same type of dream I have about drinking , I am always close to a drink but can't get it. Weird and frustrating. Glad it wasn't about booze though.
Have a great weekend everyone!

mirage 07-29-2016 07:55 PM

Aussie, that's no dream, that's a NIGHTMARE! lol

PeanutButterCup 07-30-2016 03:04 PM

Aussie, come visit me and I'll take you shopping! I love it, too! (waaaaaay too much, but I do find great bargains ... )

I'm sorry about your car. I had a similar experience this morning. I was driving home from my home AA meeting, which is in a nearby town. The car sounded and felt kinda weird, so I called Dh. As soon as I hung up the phone with him, it got MUCH worse. I pulled over on the side of the highway and called him to come get me. Thankfully, it was just a flat tire. But it was VERY flat ... I've had those tires for 3 years and 80,000 miles, and they were shot. So, $700 later, my car drives MUCH better. :) It should be a HUGE help this winter, too! Yay for that!

Babs, I wish we were closer to talk through those mood swings in the moment. Are you on fb? If so, we can connect there, too. I find it's really important to identify the need in those moments and figure out how to meet it ... not try to be strong or try to deny them, but instead own them and meet them in an effective way. There's a technique I teach based on that, and it's pretty helpful.

Lofty, it is nice seeing you post again! I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through. Have you gone back to meetings at all? If I remember correctly, it was when you were going to meetings before that you had your longest time sober. But I may be mistaking that, too ... it's been a while. All I am sure of is that I need them ... they've completely transformed how I do life, and I didn't know I needed a transformation! ha ha! Turns out I DID. :D There's a great article on here today about the difference between sobriety and recovery, and now I get it. I would not have 3 years ago.

Mirage, any fun things planned for August? We just got home from up north (sorry for all the pics on fb ... ), and we had SUCH a nice time! We are in a pretty awesome state in the summertime. Not so much in January.

aussieblue 07-30-2016 03:26 PM

Hi PBC great to see you!!!
Sorry about the car and the expense. Lucky your hubby was there to help. Where I live we have an area between home and the next town where we don't have mobile phone service and that is one thing I was really worried about the other day , the car breaking down before I got to the auto electrician's and not be able to call for help, it is all forest too. I was a wreck by the time I got home. If I ever make it to the State's I will take you up on that shopping trip.
:grouphug:

Babs1234 08-01-2016 10:40 AM

Hello everyone !!
PBC---I would love to learn more about my mood swings, and especially if I could figure out why and what sets me off. thank you.
Yup Mirage tomorrow I get to have another day of spider legs ---ha ha
I go in at 6:15 AM so, will probably be the first patient of the day. I'm glad I will be home early----really looking forward to getting all this behind me. Just glad I'm sober----can't imagine this procedure with a hangover. Whoa ---ha ha
Hope everyone is having a good day. It's the start of another week and that's good. Have a great one !
Babs :wave:

mirage 08-01-2016 12:22 PM

Good luck tomorrow, Babs!

Not too much planned, PBC. Just some up north trips.

Happy August, Marchers! Hope you're all well. :hug:

Babs1234 08-03-2016 07:59 AM

hi guys ! going for a recheck appt. today and I can see a lot better today
than yesterday. It will get better each day.
Hope everyone is doing well.
hugs
Babs

Dee74 08-03-2016 04:34 PM

That's great Babs :)

D