Notices

Talking on the phone.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking on the phone.

I'm not exactly sure the way that things work in the program, but something I am finding quite confusing and frustrating is the lack of communication coming from most of the members I have been calling. I suppose I can just ask them, but I don't feel comfortable bringing it up yet because it's still been pissing me off. Basically it's only like one way communication, me calling them. If I can't get in touch with some of them, I might not even get a call back. I just have to keep trying until I reach them. One woman had the nerve to tell me she hasn't heard from me for a while, lol. Wtf? I have a couple of years clean but cannot imagine someone who is struggling to stay clean and getting this sort of indifference from the other members like this. I don't expect to have friendship handed over to me for free, I know it takes work but at what point will this be a two way street? Does this happen to everyone?

Last edited by caramia; 02-25-2017 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 02-25-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think this happens especially within the fellowship! It should be a two way street but sometimes that doesn't always happen in our cases. Don't give up though I suggest heading to a few new meetings and throw it out that you are looking for "whatever it is that you are wanting - sponsorship, communication or just friend in the fellowship." that you are wanting to get names/numbers after the meeting.