Notices

Question back up...

Old 07-31-2006, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question back up...

It was a complicated question. I was just wondering how long it takes the benzos, and ULTrams to get out of your system.

Also, I am having a HORRIBLE time sleeping; should I ask my doc tommorrow for a light barbituate??? I have such a HIGH tolerance to pills Dalmane doesn't even help.... I can take 10 10mg of Valium and run a marathon.

What is going on with my body??
Old 07-31-2006, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Im not a doctor and I wouldnt recommend for you to take my advice but I do know that tramadol a.k.a ultram stays for 72hrs and I believe clopinine xanax valium is 3 days to Id figure it would be 3days because its a chemical and it breaks down but call a pharmacy or ask a doctor. Tried to help u out but dont know if I am right or not. Take care......
Old 07-31-2006, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Liz,

Bozo has a thread here on this forum called " your only as sick as your secrets". He has just recently begun withdrawal from Tramadol. You might want to check his posts, or post to him, or if you want, you could go through this journey through withdrawal with him, through postings on the computer. He is really a great guy. He's usually around in the morning.. Check him out..

Also, if you are in withdrawal, that's probably why you aren't sleeping. It takes a while to get your sleep straightened out after withdrawal, but you will get through this, if you just don't pick up and use.

Also, I don't know what benzo's you were on, but if you are withdrawaling from them, you really should seek medical help,. It's dangerous to withdrawal from benzo's on your own. If you were taking benzo's, and are no longer, that would also be a reason that you aren't sleeping. Please see a doctor if this is the case.

Please don't take that many valium, see a doctor.

My prayers are with you,,
Love,
Becky
Old 08-01-2006, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Love and Best Wishes!!!!!

About sleeping, have you tried the OTC product called Melatonin? I took it years ago to help me sleep and it worked very well, to me much better than a benzo. Plus it is not addictive! Normally, I would have forgotten about this medicine, but it just came to my mind so I thought you might want to think about trying it.

Hope this helps some.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Melatonin is naturally coouring in your brain and is what makes you sleepy. You can find it at most health sections of yoru local grocery store.

I found it wore off sooner and sooner as I took them, but it did work. It may make you a bit drowsy in the morning, but try to avoid caffeine as that helps trigger the anxiety which triggers cravings, etc.

Keep with it and keep asking for advise. You wil find this SR is full of support no matter what the question.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Sleep is the last symptom to go away. Exercise is better than any OTC remedy you'll find.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Amen. I pounded myself into the ground and my tiredl bod had no choice but to sleep!