Notices

Hi Ho Hi Ho, It's off to AA I go...

Old 07-31-2006, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
T-Time

Wink Hi Ho Hi Ho, It's off to AA I go...

Check it out, new thread! OMG...I'm day 7 today without any alcoholic beverages! Okay, It sort of went quick! So this week my plan is to attend meetings, it's rather difficult because #1 I'm watching 2 active little boys (age 4-6) just through this week. #2 FIL will be outta my hair by noon and at the airport #3 We are in the process of selling our home! So In between packing, showing, and this big realtor luncheon at my home today...must vacate premisis and it's only 90 degrees out at 9am...so It's been a smidge hectic. I recommend this. Hectic is good, it is busy and it keeps you severely occupied. Not that you all couldn't use the wit of a 4 or 6 year old not to mention cripes sometimes I feel hungover at their volume control. shhhhh! Frazzled is not good. That's when you start to think...that a good stiff drink will do the trick. I hope to start excersizing again. The packing is good...and I've been walking but it's darn hot folks, we're melting!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
T-Time

We're melting, we're hotter than Texas

I live in the suburbs of Chicago folks...
Monday: Mostly sunny, hazy, hot and humid. High 95 to 100, heat index 105 to 110. Lovely. Did I mention we're thinking of moving somewhere, out of state! Because we can and we have no real ties that bind us here. Again all family is way north (even up to Canada) or way south! Time to make our own path!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I envy you being able to pick up and start all over in a new state. I metion it to my huband every once and while, but he has an established business here and I would screw up my pension. Oh well.... guess I'm stuck in Jersey for a little while longer.

P.S I know the I want a drink to deal with the kids felling, trust me it only makes the yelling louder

Say bye to your FIL for me and enjoy your meeting!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

One Week! Super!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound great.. keep it up cuz the pay off is HUGE!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are too funny...

Hey sista-friend! I'm on Day 7 here too and 24/7 I have three boys ages 6 and under..and you wonder why I have trouble staying sober! If I can do it, you can do it!

As for AA, I made two meetings last week. Didn't stop to think, just went. And you know it wasn't so bad. Amazingly, there were other moms there--who knew? Normal looking moms. (Also some abnormal ones too ;-) as plastic surgery runs rampant through our corner of the universe.) But there were grandmas, professionals, housewives, and nearly homeless who had been ordered to attend. All like me: alcoholics (it's still weird to say that about myself). They were nice. Admittedly, I went to a closed women's only meeting far far far from home, but it was good. Can't wait to read about your first time.

The scariest thing was reading about this 90 meetings in 90 days. WHAT??
How am i supposed to manage that around my busy social schedule and seeing that my DH works so hard that I'm a nearly a single parent. But I'll do what I can and try these boards too. Good to have ya with me!

Cool about the move. Lots of stress I'm sure but what a fresh slate! And I made it to the gym once last week. Hey! I'm proud of it because it was the first time in several months. We can encourage each other that way too!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work and One step at a time..........Think positive and know you have friends in Recovery looking to see you move forward...........................Little Penguin
Old 07-31-2006, 10:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Let Go & Let God

Tranq & Scoot -- Congrats on day 7!!! Way to go!!
Moving is a fun(?) diversion from drinking. At least I found it to be. I recently moved from the East Coast to Colorado and am loving it here. So nice to be away from the old haunts. I know what they say about the geographical "cure", but it was the right thing to do. You'll know when and where is right!!

Have a great Monday!

Saz
Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey there!! Congrats On the 7 days!! Thats wonderful.

a poster was intimidated by the 90 in 90 days. Yeah, I have 2 small children and I stay home with them during the day, I know noone in this town, really. And I work p/t at nights 4 nights a week. SOOOOOOOO the 90 in 90 is a little unrealistic for me, but I do what I can to be there.

I actually love going to meetings. I think they are great and wonderful people there to become friends with. Keep going strong, so far my desire and compulsion to drink has been liftes, I have not one desire to drink. Its a great feeling!

Star
Old 08-02-2006, 03:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
T-Time

All's well at the tea palace

Good, here, fine, can't believe goin' on day 9 wwoooooo hoooo!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is AWESOME!! Gosh, I'm back down to day 1 starting all over again after messing up BIG time on day 8. Aww well, I'm back on track..for the time being. I LOVE you avatar pic, I'm a HUGE fan of the pin up girl era...!!....So is hubby....lol......
Congrats and keep doing what you are doing!!!
Jen
Old 08-03-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
T-Time

Twelve Steps, Condensed And Now What?

It's me again, been busy and gearing up for the start of school for my daughter. I'm feeling ok, I looked at the modified 12 steps as I'm not an overly religious person. Do they really work? Is this something you should do each AA meeting? Weekly? One by one or can you do it in a day? I'm busy so I choose 24 hours.

We admitted we were powerless over alcohol--that our lives had become unmanageable. ISN'T THIS WHY WE'RE HERE?? IT'S HORRIBLE TO ADMIT OUR WEAKNESS, BUT IT'S TIME TO RECOVER SO RECOVER I SHALL.

Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. LIKE NOT DRINKING AND THIS FORUM.

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of our Higher Power, to help us to rebuild our lives in a positive and caring way.
WITH THE HELP OF THIS FORUM, OUR FAMILY AND AA

Made a searching and fearless personal inventory of ourselves. I FIND THIS A WASTE OF TIME PERSONALLY, I MEAN AREN'T WE IN A SENSE, EXPERIENCING A REBIRTH OF OUR FALLEN PREVIOUS SELVES?

#5 Admitted to our Higher Power, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our liabilities and our assets. I KNOW I DID THIS WHEN I HIT ROCK BOTTOM, AGAIN WASTE OF TIME...

#6 Were entirely ready to have our Higher Power remove all our liabilities.
LIKE CHUCKING OUR STASHES AND ALL ALCOHOL? I THINK IT'S ABOUT GIVING OVER TO THE ILLNESS AND IT'S HOLD ON US PERSONALLY.

#7 Humbly asked our Higher Power to remove these liabilities and to help us to strengthen our assets for recovery. THANK YOU SR MEMBERS ONE AND ALL!!!

#8 Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all. I THANK MY HUSBAND, DADS, DAUGHTER, SIBLINGS AND STEPMOM. THAT'S A SHORT LIST -THAT'S ALL I HAVE.

#9 Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. OK??

#10 Continued to take personal inventory and when wrong promptly admitted it, while continuing to recognize our progress in recovery. WHY? PERSONAL INVENTORY...I CHECK IN HOUR TO HOUR WITH MYSELF...AND KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

#11 Sought through meditation to improve our conscious contact with our Higher Power, praying only for knowledge of our Higher Power's will for us and the power to carry that out. SR IS MY MEDITATION.

# Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to others who experiencedisorders and to practice these principles in all our affairs. I GET THE 'CARRY THE MESSAGE' PART BUT THE ONLY AWAKENING I'VE GOT IS A CONSCIOUS JOURNEY BACK TO MYSELF. I'M SIMPLY... BECOMING SOMEONE BETTER.