Notices

New to the forum

Old 06-27-2006, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the forum

Hello, my name is Tonya and i am new to this forum..i have been to other forums, but was recommended to this one by a friend..I am an alcoholic...I began recovery March14, had a slip day after Mother's day, and began again, and now have 43 days..I look forward to reading the posts and posting..I need all the help i can get and all the support..My husband works a lot and is a recovering alcoholic of 17 yrs..I am a stay at home mom with a lot of time on my hands and so i turn to the PC for a lot of my support..I am glad to be here..Thanks..
Old 06-27-2006, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are here & welcome to SR! Everyone slips but the key is to pick yourself back up just as you did & keep trying. I wish you all the best and keep it up! Others will be along soon to help as well. This place is great so stay as long as you want!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcome..
Old 06-27-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi Tonya, glad you found SR! I'm Cheryl and I'm an alcoholic/addict. Stick around and let us get to know you as you know us. You will find lots of support, understanding, and encouragment on these boards.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Tonya,
Welcome to SR. I'm new here too.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

HI Tonya and welcome to SR!

I'm glad you are here!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome to SR Tonya!

This place rocks! Stick around.

~doll
Old 06-27-2006, 10:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
REZ

Welcome. Have you tried AA meetings? Does your husband go to AA?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Welcome and congratulations on 43 days! That's a long time!

Like your husband, I'm a recovering alcoholic of 17 years. I'm a member of AA. I couldn't stay sober without it. Wouldn't want to try. Good news is I don't have to.

Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hi soberiety1st, Glad you found us...,Lots of super people willing
to help n surport you

.Congrats on your sober time .....Welcome......

Addict/acholic but not everything....!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the welcomes, that would make anyone want to keep coming back. My husband never went to AA, not that he is against it, he just says it wasn't for him, but it is for me, and he supports me on that..i do go to AA Meetings when i get the chance to do so..I am right now trying to get a Women's support group going here in my home at least once a week..I have a daughter with severe physical and mental challenges, and right now, i have no nurse coming in to get that extra time out that i need, so when my husband is home, i go to meetings. I get on the computer and listen to AA speaker tapes, and have a lot of AA material among other material, but i know the face to face meetings are important to me..i can't stay sober without them..and the forums do me a lot of good, i am one that when the feelings start showing and the demons are knocking, the best thing i can arm myself with is the knowledge of AA and supporters such as all of you..I look forward to getting to know you, and soon, you will know all about me
Old 06-27-2006, 03:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Tonya!

I'm glad you're here--another stay at home mom! Your success is encouraging.

Stick around--this is the best place.

Jane
Old 06-27-2006, 04:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Tonya,

I am new here too, and also a SAHM. Congratulations on your sobriety for 43 days! I hope to be able to say that someday too.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello Icetea,
I can so relate to the feelings of "i hope i can say that someday", and actually i still do..i do it one day at a time, sometimes one blink at a time..I just know that if i stay in contact with others that are just like me, dealing with the same baggage as me, that can relate to when they felt the way i am feeling i find it easier to stay sober another day..I remember my slip almost 2 months ago, and although i got right back up the next day and started my recovery again, i wish that slip wouldn't have happened, but on the other hand, i was able to look back and see where i went wrong, how i talked myself into it, and how it snuck up on me out of nowhere, and now i am a little bit more knowledgeable what to look for..i thought oh, i have 58 days, i can relax a little, i gave myself a comfort zone that i wasn't ready for, and it took me to a place that i don't want to go again, and that is bottle in hand..for me, to drink is to die, and i actually want to live, and want to live a life waking up knowing that my yesterday was a sober one..I will keep you in my thoughts, and since i have time on my hands, being a sahm, i will post as often as possible..it is what helps me stay sober..and hopefully helps someone else stay sober another day..what are friends for.. You take care and so glad the 5 o'clock came and went and you are still sober..My days were Mondays..for the last 7 yrs..before that i was an all out partier and drug addict, i haven't touched drugs in almost 7 yrs..it was the alcohol that i couldn't give up..but when I met my husband 7 yrs. ago, my drinking habits changed drastically, because he is a recovering alcoholic, i was sneaking, and lying, he works out of town, so i made Monday's my day of choice..The last time i done drugs was the night we took my mother off the ventilator, and i went and got so high..but i used my mothers death to get more drugs than what i had the money to spend, and that tore me apart, and i never touched it again..so, sometimes we really have to go through something to see what it is we are doing to ourselves..Have a good night..
Old 06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

on down your recovery road!

Tonya..W Welcome to SR!