Notices

Gratitude, despite illness

Old 06-24-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
REZ

Gratitude, despite illness

Hey guys,
I came down with a very bad stomach virus or something of the sort yesterday. Abdominal pain, cramps, weakness, etc. I think I'm a bit better today--this too shall pass. It made me remember how I used to wake up almost everyday feeling this bad. My remedy for a night of drinking would be to smoke some pot first thing in the morning and be stoned all day until another night of drinking. God I am so glad I don't have to do that today. And when I think about it, nobody in their right mind would continue doing what I did, feeling so sick all the time, but hey, that just proves that I was not in my right mind! I can see that today, but when I was using, I couldn't.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love it that you're here, Rez. In my eyes you represent grounding. Both feet planted firmly on the ground, with clarity of vision and a wide open heart and mind willing to share what you've learned. God bless the trailblazers for clearing this path before me (us). Far easier and better, I'm finding, than hacking my way through the dense forest alone and off-trail with this dull machete, getting all scraped up in the process, bogged down by choking weeds and burning nettle and poison ivy...

Hope you're feeling better. Stomach flu? Food poisoning? Some other virus? Take care of yourself...
Old 06-25-2006, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
REZ

Today, I feel better. It's always good to be grateful for the little things in life--life being able to eat and not having pain in your stomach! An attitude of gratitude is essential medicine for an addict.