Notices

I have not touched a drop today

Old 05-26-2006, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink I have not touched a drop today

As a matter of fact, even the thought of alcohol repulses me. I am not taking any drugs (other than my normal meds). Now, over the next few days I will sit and wait with baited breath for the cravings to start (and other weird feelings). I went on a 3-4 day drinking binge but some of those days, I only drank 4-5 beers but yesterday, I drank myself silly and when I woke up this morning I was staggering around and totally out-of-it. Not to mention tons of anxiety and a mid-afternoon panic attack. That really sucked!. I wonder if it's possible (at least in some people) to not experience cravings at all or to just have them some of the times you try to quit. Well, my poor body has felt like it's just gotten over the flu after this last binge. Man, I hate alcohol.

- Regards, S4E
Old 05-26-2006, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
REZ

Try going to AA meetings. You will find lots of experience, strength and hope there.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Unity and Fellowhip

It helps to get in touch with anyone on your phone list, I know the phone can be sooo heavy that you don't want to pick it up at all. But believe me the Call will bring hope. The problem with us is that we tend to isolate when attacked, we feel the overpowering urge to be alone to sort this out, Big Mistake. It's not our Best thinking that gets us and keeps in a relapse. It is personnaly very difficult to go back to your AA group and come clean but you need them, they need you, your experience may keep someone else from having to relapse. There is no shame in being what you are, it's progress not perfection after all, God Bless you I know the struggle well and your posting was good for me to read and reflect on, jackf