Hello Again

Old 05-26-2006, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It is what it is

Hello Again

I was here at this site about two years ago and read through a lot of the sames situations that I myself was going through. I changed jobs then, and no longer worked at a desk with a stationary computer, and lost touch. But I'm back now, with better news. I finally locked the windows and doors on my children's father and told him to never come back. He's an alcoholic, pot smoker, cocaine user, and recently I've had reason to believe he's been smoking crack. We have two children, boy 6 1/2 and girl 5 (next Wednesday!). I work a commission only job and have supported my family about on my own for the last 5 years. He hasn't kept a job for longer than a month since the year my daughter was born. My credit is shot, my self worth is suffering, but as I posted a few days ago, I'm a fighter and I will survive. I just got back from court, which is always hard, where he got 180 days for his domestic violence charge with me, 13 days credited. He'll serve the next 30 days electronically, with his residence as the shelter downtown, where he's to get an assessment and treatment for his dependencies. There is a "No Contact" order in force, in which he cannot contact me or our children until at least 6/30, at which time the judge will reassess his sentencing dependent upon whether he's complied with the no contact order as well as the treatment programs he's ordered into. THere's also a no contact order through Children's Services that has the same rules, in efect until the adjudicatory hearing on 7/6. It's getting easier, every day. I've been single now for 15 days, and it's still weird to come home and know I don;t have to walk on eggshells, or come up with a reason to not have sex after the kids go to sleep, and oh my god, I can have cash again and I don't have to sleep with my purse! It's so hard, with two kids and random paychecks, but I'm FREE! I feel stronger now, just konwing that I'm on my own with two beautiful children to feed. At least I know they'll not be exposed to his instability. It was suggested that I introduce myself, so here I am, and I'm so grateful for this support system available here. I have a friend who's gone through much of the same that I am going through now, and I've suggested to her that she visit this site too. I just wanted to say thank you... and I know the days ahead will be hard for me, so thank you in advance for listening...

Daisy
"I left when I was sick and tired of being sick and tired."
Old 05-26-2006, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Daisy welcome back...
I am happy to hear how you are handling your situation.
You are right we have to get to the point of being sick and tired
of being sick and tired before we do what's best for us.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, please continue to
post here....glad to have you back.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Hi Daisy and welcome back. I'm so happy to hear that your situation is improving each and everyday. I look forward to getting to know you and I commend you for leaving that toxic relationship to find peace for you and your children. It sounds like you've been through so much and you deserve more out of life. I'm glad you realized that.