Notices

to marty

Old 01-08-2002, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
puppiepaw

Post to marty

hey marty, i am just curious as to how you consider yourself clean for 2 years when you are still on a methadone maintenance program. you certainly must not be in na or aa or practicing any kind of recovery.
methadone is ok for a detox. i've used it before to quit heroin although rather than detoxing with it i just used more along with heroin too. but i wouldn't deny that it could help for some who are seriously trying to get DETOXED. but then to still be on it after two years??? (is that how long you said?) if you were to not use it tomorrow, or the next day, you would be sick. so you are addicted wouldn't you say. or rather, could you make it through the day without it or would you spend all your day in anxiety because you didn't have your 'fix' ?
as we see it in na being clean is the total abstinence of all mind altering chemicals. and then after you get off you begin working on a program of yourself.
to me your defense of the use of methadone seems more like a reservation in your recovery, that is if you have any recovery.

Old 01-08-2002, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Hi Puppie...

We're pretty much an open-arms, welcome to all family here at SoberRecovery. And as a former journalist of sorts I will defend to the end other people's right to their opinion, and the ability to publish it.

However................................

A couple quick points for you to ponder:

1. It's not YOUR recovery, so why are you interested in judging it?

2. You have no idea how many people in NA/AA are on methadone. You would be very surprised.

3. The principles of BOTh programs include working OUR OWN program and practicing LOVE and TOLERANCE of others.

Or, to remind you of your very own words, "you certainly must not be in na or aa or practicing any kind of recovery." Because if you were, maybe you would be much more tolerable of others.

This IS NOT ABOUT METHADONE. Or psych-drugs, or therapy, or religion, or bio-friggin-feedback! It's about PEOPLE. You, me, us.

Now, let's just do something nice and good for someone else today, ok?

------------------
Be well, and have a great 24...

[This message has been edited by jons5150 (edited January 08, 2002).]
Old 01-09-2002, 04:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Angry

Wow Puppy, what a mean way to come into this group!! Did you just read through posts until you found someone to slam? Well, come on and slam me, I`ll chew your paws off!!!
Rottie Mom with big teeth here, you want to fight, take me on!!!
Old 01-09-2002, 04:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marty

Thumbs down

Hi Pup,I'll try to answer your question but you sounding like an avid NAer so I think its probably just a waste of time.I no longer bang a bundle of dope into my veins everyday,so to me thats clean.Do you honestly think I'm dirty because I'm on methadone maintainance for heroin addiction??Some people can stop their drug of choice without the help of something else,for me its methadone for my heroin addiction.Hey pup,do you smoke?Many people in NA are big ass puffers and concider themselves clean.Nicodine''''methadone,yea I know theres a differance but its still judging.Why are people in NA so ignorant when it comes down to MMT?To answer one of your questions PUP about not having my methadone for a day.....to be honest I don't know.I never had that hell.I've heard stories about how hard it is,and I'm sure it is.Why should I worry about that.I am in treatment and the meth should be there until I decide to make a change.That ol saying about one drug for another....I started heroin use for the high,you don't get high on methadone PuP.I think many of the uneducated anti methadone people believe that MMTers are still getting stoned.I got a feeling this conversation is going nowhere.The main reason I stopped going to NA meetings is because the majority of people seemed to look down on others.Alot of old drug war stories.I'm not saying your one of them PuP,theres just alot of people who seem to have forgoten where they were at one time in their lives.Do as they do or be burned at the stake.......ahhhh I'm talking too much.I'm sure I will hear from you again....Come to think of it,going over your post PUP,I did smell a sense of bitterness.Do the NA meeting make people cold to methadone users,or is this just your own self deeming?I have always found it strange when listening to NAers trying to practice using the Lords name all the time and then turning their cheecks on a person trying to beat heroin through methadone maintainance.Somethings wrong with that picture,don't ya think PuP?........Peace .....Marty

Old 01-09-2002, 06:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BEENTHERE

THATS KIND OF MESSED UP WOULDING YOU SAY HE IS CLEAN AND IN THE ROOMS OF RECOVERY EVERYBODYS RECOVERY DIFFENT SO BACK OFF WE REALLY NEED TO START A MA GROUP MARTY SO THE PEOPLE THAT OUR RECOVERING ON METH CAN SHARE SO WHAT DO YOU SAY WRITE ME [email protected]
IF YOU WANT SEE YA BEENTHERE

Old 01-09-2002, 06:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

[This message has been edited by RovenRev (edited January 10, 2002).]
Old 01-09-2002, 07:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello all...
At the risk of having to pick toenails out of my teeth later this afternoon... (well spoken IFH)...

I didn't know a darned thing about Methadone before last week. I am grateful to everyone who had something to say about it spurring me to do the research and find out. The addict in my life used heroin... but not as his drug of choice, so I had no incentive before. Having read up, I certainly understand the debate that's going on... just not the hostility. I am reminded of a gay friend of mine saying many years ago, when someone challenged his lifestyle "Don't you think if I could push a button and be straight, I would? It would be so much EASIER." Methadone maintenance has got to be, to say the least, inconvenient. For some people, even uncomfortable. I have to consider that, gee, if they could push a button and be free of all drugs... they would. It's the best solution they've come up with FOR THEMSELVES. It is kind of them to share what they know about this possible solution with others. All we can ever really share with confidence, is what worked FOR US. God, medical treatment, counseling, groups, plain old grit... they've all been somebody's answer.
Nobody has to validate their own recovery by insisting that everyone else recover the same way. It's yours, and nobody can take it away from you. Their success with another method in no way invalidates yours.
As an anon, I am very grateful for this page and the hope it gives. It's helped me to see that there is a way for just about everybody, and that every addict needs to be given the latitude to find what works for them. While you share what works for YOU, you may help someone else. That's beautiful. You ALL have my gratitude and admiration.

Smoke
Old 01-09-2002, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

Angry

I don`t know anything about heroin or methadone maintenance but I know a slam when I see one. Hey little puppy, do you even know Marty? Got something against him or something? Just bored and wanting to start trouble with a stranger in cyberscape or what? Do you drink coffee or soda? your a caffine junky then, right? or maybe a Marlboro junkie? Sugar junkie, like some candy? Chomp Chomp little puppy!
Old 01-11-2002, 06:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Marty

Angry

Hey Cassy,thanks for looken out for me.I'm glad to have somebody as out-spoken as you in my corner.Alls cool though my freind,yea all is cool.I don't let ignorance get to me when people try to step on my new sneakers.I shake it off....thanks......Marty