Notices

Day 4 clean and sober. Going trough detox

Old 05-14-2006, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DTM

Day 4 clean and sober. Going trough detox

I am new to this message board thing, but think it may help to talk with others that have in the past or continue to struggle with addiction.

I'm free from taking 12 Fiorinal w/ codiene a day for the past year.
Part of it is very scary, part of it is very freeing.

I'm on going through an outpatient treatment program. I'm detoxing using suboxne. I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly. I see the doctor again tomorrow for a check up. I'm going to ask him if it is normal for it to make you feel even worse? I went through 3 days of non stop vomiting from the withdrawl. Now it seems that is over....I hope anyway. I take the suboxone one tablet in the morning and one 12 hours later. My script says to take it every 6 hours, but I just cannot take it that much. I wouldn't be able to function. I was told at the beginning of my detox that the suboxine would help me so I could function more like I need to in every day life while detoxing. Anyone else use suboxone?

I'm on day 4 and so thankful for sobriety. This is a new beginning for me.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi DTM,

Welcome!

I have no experience with suboxone, as I am an alcoholic. However, I am glad you found SR and hope you stay and keep posting. There is lots of information and support to be found here.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Stick around and let us get to know you Welcome to the beginning of a better life.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey DTM, that's awesome, welcome. No experience with that drug, alkie here... but way to go. If detox from that is anything like from alcohol, which it likely is, the feeling real crappy passes relatively quickly and you will be feeling good after that.

Like detox from alcohol, drink lots of water. It helps wash the toxins out of your system. If you can, go for walks or some form of exercise... again, it helps release the toxins and get them out of your system.

Levi
Old 05-16-2006, 11:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i was on suboxone will i was in detox i detoxed off of heroin it did help me but if it is to strong for you take half of the dose. detoxing isn't fun but when your done its worth it i am 21 days clean and never felt better.you will withrawl from the suboxone but its not bad just about 2-3 days of sweats not pain. good luck in your recovery stick with it. im here if you need to talk.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi DTM,

I never heard of suboxone and I'm an ex heroin addict. Go figure. I wish I would have though. The way I kicked heroin was by going to jail. Not a good place to kick as they do not take care of you whatsoever! I know that it totally sucks going through the withdrawels, but it will pass. I remember having thoughts all the time that the kicking was never going to end. I thought I was doomed forever. And now it's three years later and I haven't touched heroin.

Just like it says in the bible, "this too shall pass" The day will come when all that's happening to you now will be in the past and you can look back on it. Just keep your head up and good luck. : )

jolo
Old 05-16-2006, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by DTM

I'm on day 4 and so thankful for sobriety. This is a new beginning for me.
HI DTM, Welcome to SR, congratulations to you on a new beginning,
stick with it, your life will be much better,
Hope to see more of you here,
Take care
Old 01-04-2007, 10:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DTM

Back on suboxone. Second time around. Had major relapse with the codiene and am back trying to be "clean" again. I know how important this is for my health and for my life in general to be clean. I want to be clean, but this time around the suboxone is not helping as much. It's much harder. It makes me SUPER tired for a few hours after I take it. I mean dizzy and tired, can hardly drive like that. Then once that wears off I'm full of anxiety and feeling like I want to jump out of my skin. Anyone else out there have any experiences like this or been on suboxone too with any advice? I know it's so much better than if I were to go "cold turkey", but they say you are supposed to be able to function as usual on this stuff and I am not. It's so frustrating, but I'm trying to remind myself how blessed I am that I am aware of my addiction and am able to do something about it. I value every single day that I'm not popping painkillers 24/7.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Wow congratulations! You will get there I know it! Sounds like you are having a different reaction to the suboxone??
I feel for you. I just have 5 days again..but I started to feel like MAYBE i will live through it finally!!!
You are awesome to come here and post. Keep doing it and you will get lots of support.
love north
Old 01-05-2007, 12:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DTM

Thanks north! I can use any support. You have "5 days again"? Five days on suboxone or five days sobriety? Just wondering. If you are taking soboxune doe you experience extreme sleepyness or anxiety while taking?
I am having both and not liking it!! Of course we addicts do not like to feel anything slightly uncomfortable! At least I know I don't like it one bit!
THanks,
DTM