A little short on skin!

Old 04-23-2006, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face A little short on skin!

We're getting on with life and for the most part I don't think about anything other than where we are now - and that's good.

Today D seemed a bit off colour and I asked what was wrong - to which he said he was really fancying a pint. He added it was no big craving, put it down to the change in weather and said he was planning a big cup of tea instead.

It's not a biggy, it doesn't feel big - just a niggle, I feel like I need to grow a little more skin! Know what I mean?
Old 04-23-2006, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yup, I know what you mean, not easy. I want to wrap Phil in cottonwool and protect him from the gremlin but I can't. When you find that thicker skin post some over to me eh?
Old 04-23-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((eq))

I hear ya babe...
Old 04-23-2006, 11:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I get tempted into thinking what heaven it would be without this I try to remind myself our struggles help shape us. D is a fine shape so I shouldn't wish away the struggle!!

I'm ironing, doing a roast, posting and listening to Gregorian chant all at the same time so I ain't brooding on it!
Old 04-23-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by equus
listening to Gregorian chant
If that doesn't take your mind off of things Idon't know what will maybe it makes you grow skin!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 11:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It reminds me of time - better to think in terms of a few hundred years than a single life! I'm grateful for that because in turn it sets me back to living my life the best way I can, knowing my part in the whole of life is only tiny!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I don't think that his yearning feeling will ever go away. But I do think that it's healthy and normal for D to convey his feelings. And while it may be "heaven without this," I agree that D's struggles have helped to shape him into the man that you so dearly love today.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We had a great chat about this tonight. We sort of talked about valuing the consistancy of the months with NO slips and how much difference that makes. We also compared later in the evening yesterday when we'd watched a film and D had gone to play on his comp later, with what would have been if he had drank - it was a good feeling to be aware of the difference.

He said he thought maybe the craving happened because he'd had 2 cups of coffee that day. Coffee does effect him but that's also D'ish for saying he was struggling a bit. He hadn't wanted to go to the market in the morning or to help my broth - he went to both but it was a faff.

I think we REALLY have to get out more but not saturday nights in a packed restauraunt with my mother!!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Definition of faff, please....
Old 04-25-2006, 09:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ffaf... making something out to be more of an effort than it really is or doing something the long way round.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

In this case saying he wants to go but taking the very, very long way round (with added loops and general grumpiness!!). Sometimes getting an agreed deadline to do something doesn't seem worth the effort - but without it half the time we miss it altogether. If faffing was an olympic sport he'd be in the medals!!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat
Definition of faff, please....
Here... you guys will need this...
http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/p.htm
Old 04-26-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Cravings will always be there. It's good he can talk about it with you and is honest with you. Hope he got that big cup of warm tea. That sounds good to me right now..