Notices

More than pissed....

Old 04-20-2006, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

More than pissed....

I have been placed in charge of finding a new meeting place for my homw group and I thought I had one ready to go. THere is this church that rents space to AA a couple nights a week and they were closed on Sat. nights so I figured they would have no problem renting to us. I talked to the lady and she said she would have to bring it up at the trustee meeting on the 18th, so I figured it was just a formallity. Well I got an email from the lady today saying that she was sorry but the church doesn't rent to "outside interests" so I emailed her back to ask her why NA is considered an "outside interest" while other recovery fellowships weren't, I haven't got a response back, but it sure does sound a lot like, "no we will not rent to a buch of dirty junkies"

Obviously jesus wouldn't want to help a bunch of us dirty filthy junkies, infact he probably would smite the church if they let us meet there.....that's obviously what jesus would do.....

Sorry, I'm just pissed, but I guess that's what happens when you have expectations...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can understand your anget but it could have been an actual church member who started the AA group and that is what she was referring to, you not being a member of that church. Just a thought for what it is worth. Not defending her, only my 2 cents.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Who Would Jesus Bomb?
Old 04-20-2006, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Obviously jesus wouldn't want to help a bunch of us dirty filthy junkies, infact he probably would smite the church if they let us meet there.....that's obviously what jesus would do.....
Actually this type of resentment will defeat your search before it will help you. When you target a meeting place you might want to find a place where there are no meetings at the present time, one meeting at a church can be alot, Churches have groups that are affiliated with the church. They do not in any way owe us anything.

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Well on my lunch break, I decided I would drive around town and stop by every church/city council/organization building I could think of. The first place I stopped at was the local wesley foundation by the college and they were awesome, the said yes even before I could get the whole thing out of my mouth and give them any literature. Come to find out, there used to be a NA meeting there a long long time ago and ASC was held there also. Before I went inside, I asked my HP to help me out and it all worked out flawlessly. The meeting place is a little small, but rent is super cheap and we will make due with the smallness.

Todd, I have this deep deep resentment embedded in me about religion, I try to not let is spill out as much as I used to, but sometimes it just slips out....it'll be in my 4th step, for sure.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Sorry, I'm just pissed, but I guess that's what happens when you have expectations...
Or that's just what happens when you let someone take your power away. ;-)
Old 04-20-2006, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Pretty strong reaction Blake.. and here's the real kicker....

You brought Jesus into it like he was at the meeting...There could be a whole lot of reasons as has been mentioned.

You kept on looking and found an alternate solution. ( I think maybe Jesus was at that meeting..

I used to have a bumper sticker that read "God save me from your followers"

I got pissed for 5 minutes tonight when I got home from work after a 14 hr day and went down to do laundry. Found ou my hot water heater has been leaking.. So far I've vacuumed up 20 gallons while I left it on and running so I could finiish my laundry and get my shower. I still have to go back down in a few minutes and suck up another 20 gallons after I finish dishes.

Yep I said crap! and I think I might have f bombed .. then I tried that rejoicing in all circumstances trick.

Things could be a lot worse.. I could be a dea agent that shot himself while givng a demonstration on handling my glock.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

damn that sucks dude but you are right, it could be worse... (am I evil b/c I couldn't stop laughing at this clip?)

Anyway, I shouldn't have dropped the J bomb earlier, I think me and jesus could have kicked it back in the day, but like your bumper sticker, I'm not too cool with some of the people that claim to follow him.

In the end, it all worked out and I can chalk it up to more proof that everything works out the way it's supposed to.

Nite yall,
Blake
Old 04-21-2006, 03:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

am I evil ?
if ya are .. so am I .. I do have compassion for the guy but dayum..

talk about settin yourself up for a fall.. I'm a professional bang!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Blake
As one who sits on a board that says yes or no, I can tell you that there are lots of reasons why groups get told no. When you put 10 people in a room and ask if space should be rented, you will get 10 different reasons why it should or shouldn't. We have 4 different Anon groups that meet at our church. I feel that it is the mindset of the people on the board(not the church) that would allow or not allow a group. Vengence is mine saith the Lord... the group that said no may have good reason or they may have shot themself in the foot.
Your not evil. Well maybe you are? But that would make 5 million other Americans who watch that clip evil as well. That was funny. I think they need make Police Accademy 8 and put that in a scene. "Ouch! Didn't hurt"
*LOL*
Old 04-21-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
At Least I Think I Do

Blake I must be evil too!!! That video is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time!!!!!!!!

Oh, humor is the best!!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 02:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I hate guns -- that clip didn't make me laugh.

But, I am a little evil.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Well, Gooch, at least your floor is clean and sparkly now, after all the vacuuming up of hot water, right? I really enjoy your common sense advice. I've always been referred to as a "hot head" growing up, and I hate that nickname but I sure own it sometimes. Since coming to NA I've really been working on that. It's just that sometimes it's sure hard to keep myself calm and remind myself that God has his plan for me ... and it's gotta be in His time, not mine.

Blake, your ability to seek out advice and take suggestions to heart, admitting when you feel you may have acted off color, is inspiring and a beautiful example of how NA works if you work it. I'm so glad you post these types of dilemmas here at SR. I'm always learning from you and your experiences. Love ya!

Kelly
Old 04-24-2006, 11:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by godsonmyside
Churches have groups that are affiliated with the church.
Todd J.

I hope you don't mean an NA group.

In order for a group to be considered n NA group, they need to meet all six points....and this is point # 4

4. As a group, they have no affiliation outside Narcotics Anonymous.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Originally Posted by Recoveree
I hope you don't mean an NA group.

In order for a group to be considered n NA group, they need to meet all six points....and this is point # 4

4. As a group, they have no affiliation outside Narcotics Anonymous.
No, not at all. I mean exactly what I stated, churches have their own groups that are affiliated with the church, CHURCH groups, bible studies, band practices, etc...

Peace,
Todd J.