Notices

the rollar coaster ride...

Old 04-15-2006, 04:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Question the rollar coaster ride...

Anyone know how long before the smoke cessation emotional rollar coaster ride ends?
Long time quitters, or those who may have read some research on the topic, please respond. I'm trying to sort out some issues, and realize that I may still be on that ride!
I'm now Four months, two weeks, three days, 31 minutes and 37 seconds smoke free. That's 5480 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,507.24. Life saved: 2 weeks, 5 days, 40 minutes.
I know that the ride is temporary. I am just looking to find out approximately how long it lasts.
Thanks for any ideas...

Shalom!
Old 04-15-2006, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good question.

I never even thought of that part. I've been all over the place, but I just chalked it up to everything else that is going on in my life.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

At six months I had lost ALL desire to smoke. I asked the wife and she said it was about the same. At a little over a year I can not believe I ever smoked.

If we go to someone elses home and they smoke, we can't stay very long as it bothers us now. And to smell the smoke on ourselves when we get in the car to go home is too much.

It gets in your nostrils, clothes and hair. Yuck or ick, maybe both!

We had to get rid of a car because it smelled like smoke. We tried everything to get rid of the smell. It ended up smelling like stale cigarette smoke, Fabreeze, and a Pine Forest.

Simply delightful!

The desire to smoke will go away, just hang in there.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thanks Plano;
The urges are not too often now, and when they come, they are not too bad. Thank G*D!!!

However, and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear here, I was talking about the emotional rollar coaster. You know, when you get weepy or ticked off or in a stinky mood....heck, even laugh hysterically! When the emotions are not yet stable after such a huge change.

Thanks and I look forward to more information here.

Shalom!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by historyteach
Thanks Plano;
The urges are not too often now, and when they come, they are not too bad. Thank G*D!!!

However, and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear here, I was talking about the emotional rollar coaster. You know, when you get weepy or ticked off or in a stinky mood....heck, even laugh hysterically! When the emotions are not yet stable after such a huge change.

Thanks and I look forward to more information here.

Shalom!
ROFL! My emotions were like that BEFORE I quit smoking! Does that mean I'll be more normal now that I've quit?
Old 04-18-2006, 06:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

Anyone have any thoughts here.
I'm sitting here crying again. Pathetic, I know. But, I am trying to sort out so much.
It would help me, I think, if I had an idea how long to expect the physical aspect of smoke cessation to last - rather - when it will end.

Thanks for any thoughts...

Shalom!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hugs to you Teach...

sorry I don't have any answers re: your question.

Are you sure the emotions are due to quitting? Honestly, I never heard of this as a symptom of nicotine withdrawal. Irrritability...YES...absolutely...but aside from that, I don't know of any emotional symptoms....

Whatever the case...I'm sending a big hug and support your way...

Hang tough Teach...you're doing great!!!