You are Still You

Old 04-15-2006, 03:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You are Still You

Because you are aware of your awareness, you can transcend it. Not only can you see what is here and now, you can visualize the best of what can be.

If you were limited to merely reacting to events, you would be a prisoner of your circumstances. But you are not any such thing.

For you are blessed with the ability to step back from even the most intense situations. You can hold and nurture within you a vision that transcends the outer reality of any moment.

Keep that in mind the next time you become frustrated by life's ups and downs. There is a very real and powerful part of you that exists above and beyond every frustration, setback and disappointment.

By all means live and enjoy and experience life in the universe that surrounds you. At the same time, stay connected to that essential part of you that exists independent of the outside influences.

Whatever happens or fails to happen, you are still you at the deepest, most profound level. Remember that, and you'll find renewed confidence to step boldly forward no matter what.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 04-15-2006, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lost and vulnerable, weak and tired.......

I am very new to ALL of this and this is my first response to anyone so far. I can experience that calmness you aspire to occassionally. Glimmers of hope inspire me to continue. I've been stuggling and not to use but with my stinking thinking. I get so down and feel no hope I find no joy, its soul destroying. I found this forum and would hope to get support and advise from people who have been aware of their addictions and have been sober a lot longer than myself. I feel alone and I am isolating because thats what I do best. Hope this reaches you because I have no idea if this is correct
Originally Posted by Ann
Because you are aware of your awareness, you can transcend it. Not only can you see what is here and now, you can visualize the best of what can be.

If you were limited to merely reacting to events, you would be a prisoner of your circumstances. But you are not any such thing.

For you are blessed with the ability to step back from even the most intense situations. You can hold and nurture within you a vision that transcends the outer reality of any moment.

Keep that in mind the next time you become frustrated by life's ups and downs. There is a very real and powerful part of you that exists above and beyond every frustration, setback and disappointment.

By all means live and enjoy and experience life in the universe that surrounds you. At the same time, stay connected to that essential part of you that exists independent of the outside influences.

Whatever happens or fails to happen, you are still you at the deepest, most profound level. Remember that, and you'll find renewed confidence to step boldly forward no matter what.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 04-15-2006, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome, Peaceseeker, you posted just fine.

I like these lines in the reading...

If you were limited to merely reacting to events, you would be a prisoner of your circumstances. But you are not any such thing. For you are blessed with the ability to step back from even the most intense situations. You can hold and nurture within you a vision that transcends the outer reality of any moment.
As a codependent, I spent much of my life reacting the all that was happening around me. That made me a hostage to everyone else's behaviours.

Through recovery I have learned to take a step back, to act with purpose rather than react to situations. I know there is beauty in each day and my hope is to begin each day with a prayer and a positive attitude which clears my vision so I can see all that is good.

Today I can stand in my own truth, today I can be true to myself and all that is good. And today I am grateful for the program that taught me how to do that.

Hugs,
Old 04-15-2006, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

peceseeker welcome to recovery, and to life... what worked for me in the beginning was getting out of the bubble of self is a simple way to put it... i try to simplify things now ...i try'd to figure out everything, come up with all the answers... out of the bubble for me means looking at the reality... not a easy thing after a lifetime of one sided thinking... upbringing, society, and blah, blah, blah... if i cant find the reality, someone else usualy can... it takes time, work prayer, and dedication... my wants, desires, and needs have to be looked at in a whole new way... a belif in something other than me, honesty, and giving of my soul to others and me... you can do it peaceseeker, your name says it... seek that peace, that inner peace... all good wishes peace, and of course, teach only love