AA Texans /AA Louisianians

Old 04-14-2006, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AA Texans /AA Louisianians

Hi Im Sharon and Im a ALCOHOLIC, LOUISIANAIAN and hmmmmmi can't say im a TEXAN...but i DO live in TEXAS. : )

I get excited to see many from Texas in here....everytime i click on a name i see they r here in Texas. Anywhere's from Mesquite, wherever that is, to Austin, to here in Houston. Hey where are my Louisianians? : ) I know there r a few....Anyway.....im just having fun and enjoying the fellowship of our program here in Sober Recovery. Thanks for being here for me.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

Howdy Sharon. I'll jump in on the roll call - I'm fifth generation Texas (give or take) from Houston. I'm guessing you came after Katrina?

I actually posted a similar thread a year or two ago. Seems like there are lot of Texas on the board here.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Hi Brookie....Hey thanks for ur reply. : ) Now where is everyone else....lol I know ur out there....somewhere's. : ) Na, im not new to Houston. Been here for 9 yrs now. BUT....I sure MISS BACK HOME. : ) I LOVE BATON ROUGE. Infact all of Louisiana. When i see Louisiana licsense plates on cars, i get all tickly inside. I guess the longer i stay away the more i want it. Hmmmmm glad i dont feel the same way i did about alcohol like i use to. Id be in BIG TEXAS trouble. : ) I am glad to be sober in the heart of Texas tho. Well just being sober is a good thing. Im just home sick for the my wonderful state i was born into. I think about the the lovely trees that over lap winding roads. The moss cover trees. Those plantation holmes used back then in the movie Gone With the Wind. Think about Huck Finn and traveling down the bayou in a pee-row. lol You know....and all that good southern home cooking foods. Fried chicken, corn on the cob, veg. from ur grandfathers garden, sugar cane oh and dont forget the good ol Community Coffee right there in Baton Rouge. Oh and Tabasco. Spicy. : ) Ok, did i make any body hungry? Come on down ya'll . lol

Thanks for letting me share.