Breaking up...

Old 04-07-2006, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Breaking up...

Thank you to all of the feedback I've received about trying to give things a second chance. There isn't one to be given anymore. Abf and I are no longer a couple after four years, but will both be living in the house until it sells. Basically, we'll just be roommates. I've faced all of the facts and 3C's. He doesn't want to have a relationship with me anymore. Our lifestyles are too different. I know he's doing me a favor and I know I gave it my best shot.

I've learned that I do not want this type of relationship again. This parting should have happened much sooner, but I had to find that out in my own time. I do not want to and will not spend the future years living with him and his denial. Let's hope the house sells soon! I'm ready for a fresh start. I oddly feel very calm about all of this. I must have known in the back of my mind, this was probably going to happen eventually.

It's a little scary to think of how much I might like being single. I won't even know what to do with all of my extra time usually spent worrying and being angry.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

That is great news and I'm happy that you two will be able to co-exist together peacefully until the house sells . Oh, I'm sure you'll find lots of ways to spend that priceless free time . Take everything you've learned from this relationship and run free.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

aztchr..... meg said it well, I love that "run free". Hope you can heal and enjoy.
It will have to be much more peaceful. Hope you can do no contact.
Keep us posted.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You will be fine. I had the same worries everytime a relationship ended in my life.
Kept thinking "I will never find someone "as smart as, handsome as, funny as, sexual
as, you know fill in the blank."
It's all part of the unknown. I used to rush into one relationship after another.
I have been alone 10 months now, longer if you count the lonliness while he was
still in the house. I haven't found anyone else to take his place and I am quite
ok with that. I want to find the right guy next time and in order to do that I have
to the "right" me.
"sigh" Sunday mornings are always the hardest for me...I miss sharing the Sunday
paper, crossword, coffee and small talk.....the only day of the week that is a
constant reminder for me of what once was.....
Old 04-09-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm definitely working on the "right" me. Actually, I'm finding who I used to be before I started changing so much because of him. I missed my "self" if that makes sense.

Yesterday, I visited a girlfriend/teaching colleague at her new apartment. It was very reassuring that I will be able to live alone and be happy! I'm not sure where I will decide to live if it'll be an apartment or buy a condo. After having a house, renting and having wall to wall neighbors doesn't sound too appealing, but it'll only be temporary for a little while.

About Sunday mornings...just sleep in until noon.