Notices

Just checking in

Old 04-06-2006, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just checking in

I haven't posted here recently. Things are still going very well. I have to admit that the only time I really felt like drinking was after an AA meeting I went to about a week ago. I had been to AA with a relative... long ago as a support person... but I have some differences of opinion, so I hadn't considered it to be a key part of recovery at this point. Still, I am willing to try whatever it takes to stay sober and thought it wouldn't hurt to go to a meeting. I was wrong. Please don't take this as an anti-AA post, because it's not. Like I said, do whatever it takes to stay sober. It's a different path for everyone. Do WHATEVER it takes. It's so rewarding!!!

So, I'm back to using the tools I've been using for the past 2 months and just growing and recovering. I am back in my hometown (well, where hubby and I have our home) after over 2 years living abroad. I have actually gained weight since quitting because I'm rediscovering food from my past. I guess I have a new appetite. But I feel healthier, look better (I guess), and have more energy.

I still haven't said anything to my hubby about my closet drinking or quitting. About 2 weeks ago we had a deep discussion (about our daughter's education) and in the course of talking about "LIFE" I asked if he noticed anything different about me. Finally I asked if he thought I had changed in any way. He (again... as before when I asked) said that he thinks I'm the same as the day we met... a little heavier, but the same.

So, going well here. Best of luck to everyone in their sobriety. Just wantedto check in and to say that it is sooo worth staying sober. I'm only about 2 months sober, but even if my husband hasn't seen it, I KNOW life is better witout booze.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Good deal Naturelover. I'm happy for you - it sounds like you have found your own path and if it's working for you then I say stick with it! Feeling good is such a breath of fresh air after being so heavy with all that goes with addiction. Hang in there and good job!

Suga
Old 04-06-2006, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by naturelover
I KNOW life is better witout booze.
Hi Naturelover,
So glad you found what works for you and are have made that changes that allow you to life an alcohol free life. Hope you can check in now and again since you have moved home.
Take care
Old 04-06-2006, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wonderful news!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thats great naturelover !

Congratulations !

Keep posting

HUGX
Lee