Notices

Want To Use!! Bad!!

Old 03-31-2006, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Want To Use!! Bad!!

Dont Know Why I Havent Yet. I See No Reason Not To. I Went To A Meeting Then Talked Alot With People After. This **** Is Horrible. I Have Been This Way All Day. Tonight I Get A Call From A Co Worker Who Thought I Was Talking **** Bout Him So Now I Have This Too. I Need To Escape.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You haven't yet because you owe this to yourself. I too have really been struggling and relapsed yesterday and felt like crap about it. I am glad you went to a meeting and forget the ***hole at work. He will not be in your life forever but your sobriety will. There are other ways to escape!!!! Write it out or read .....go get some ice cream ....Just don't let someone ruin what you are working towards. Yes it is horrible, but waking up after a drug binge is much worse. Or at least I hope you agree.
Breathe deep and drink out of the milk jug...you rebel !!!!! Stay in control PLEASE !!!!!!! Peace and Love ~~~~~Barbara
Old 04-01-2006, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
REZ

I've been there. Put yourself on a 5-minute at a time program if you have to. Do someting to get your mind off the idea of using--meetings, calling people, reading, excercise, tv, music--anything but sitting around thinking about using. I big part of our disease is a our mental obsession with using drugs. Ordinary people do not have this problem. Hang there! Using won't make anything better and will probably make things a lot worse.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You may want to but you don't have to. Using doesn't resolve anything while it's racking up more consequences. Staying clean on te other hand alllows us to accept, resolve, and put closure on our past mistakes. It doesn;t happen overnight and can be a challenging prospect, but it does happen. Each time we face the demon head on without succombing, we gain just a little more experience and fait that we can get through anything clean. I promise you if you don't pick up, you will be glad you didn't on the other side of this .
Old 04-01-2006, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank You All For The Posts Its So Touching That People Really Care. I Didnt Use And Todays A New Day. I Feel A Little Better. I Have Things To Take Care Of And I Feel Like I Need To Resolve This Work Issue Too. I Dont Want To Carry It With Me All Weekend But I Also Dont Want To Ruin This Other Persons Weekend. Idk
Old 04-01-2006, 06:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

oh! I am glad you respected yourself!
Old 04-01-2006, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Me

:newbe: :newbe: :newbe: :newbe: :newbe: :newbe:
Old 04-01-2006, 07:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
trying to mend

Congrats Tony! u fought the fight, and you won.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks. I Made Some Calls To My New Friends In The Program And Asked If I Should Make A Call To My Other Co Worker And Resolve This. They Said Yeah So I Did And I Felt Better Immediately. I Dont Need To Carry This With Me All Weekend. Thanks Friends
Old 04-02-2006, 05:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you. You're using your tools and it's working. Reach out - connect with other clean people, connect with what it feels like to be clean. Face the issues that come up by accepting those you can't control and changing those you can. Feels good knowing you have the choice and you can make a difference in determining whether you use or not, doesn't it? You're doing great and I hope today is even better!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 05:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

(((((((Tony)))))))~ You handled all that quite well!!!! Well done.....you are getting stronger every day, and every time we handle a situation with good choices and proper confrontation........we grow...recovery gets even better! We CAN have peace through any storm. Good for you........you ROCK dude!!

(((((((((((Huge Huge Hugs!!))))))))))))))
Old 04-02-2006, 05:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Laughter is the best medicine

I have learned alcohol and drugs can't do anything "to" me unless they "DO SOMETHING FOR ME IN MY MIND FIRST". Just today we stay clean hon, your not alone anymore. Trust God. When we ask for help, and sincerely mean it in our hearts~ somewhere in the universe it is recorded.....
Old 04-02-2006, 10:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks All. Yes It Feels Good To Change The Things I Can. The Issue Feels Mostly Resolved And Alot Is Off Me.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by By His Blood
Tony,

Glad to hear it. It's good to see people in the program resolving issues and fighting through the cravings to use. Whether you beleive it or not you not using even when you felt like it gave me hope that I can finally get it right!!! 8 days today and I am hopeful!!!!
THANKS. IM GLAD IT HELPED YOU. THATS WHAT ITS ABOUT. ONE ADDICT HELPING ANOTHER. BEST OF LUCK!!