Elder's Meditation - March 22

Old 03-22-2006, 01:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Elder's Meditation - March 22

"Everything's so simple, and we make everything so complicated. That's why we're confused."
--Vickie Downey, TEWA/Tesuque Pueblo

The Creator designed a very simple set of Laws for us to follow. If we follow these simple things, we'll be happy. If we don't follow these simple things, our lives become complicated. For example:

Respect Mother Earth

Love one another

Be truthful

Give to your brother and sisters

Be gentle with each other

Be happy

Following these simple Laws will have great rewards.

Great Spirit, let me lead a simple life.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

But aren't some things just complicated? And don't we sort of need those willing to take them on? For example a legal system, a means to vote, curing cancer, a health system that works....

These things are never really fully refined but would we forego the progress made so far? Would we want no laws? No democracy at all? No people willing to stare down a microscope not just year after year but generation after generation?

I think simplicity should be recognised and enjoyed wherever it's found, it remains a central priciple of learning but that doesn't mean real complexity doesn't exist or should be shunned.

Often I've found allowing something to be complex, allowing myself to know that without being scared of it or giving up leads me to a place where it simplifies again - that's my experience of learning and understanding the things I've attempted to grasp.