Notices

Not nicotine free :(

Old 03-20-2006, 01:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Not nicotine free :(

Uffffffffffffffffff.

Went out on Friday night with some smokers, to a pub that nearly EVERYONE was smoking in for what is the last smoking weekend in Scotland and I succumbed. I smoked 2 cigarettes.

I think maybe I shouldn't have stopped the gum so suddenly, I think I shouldn't have given in to the cigarettes being pointed and offerend to me.........

I think I should stop blaming all sorts of circumstance and just admit I fell of the wagon on Friday night and it was entirely my choice!

Back on it again. I had one bit of gum yesterday but still not feeling the need today.

I'll have some if I need to though, no heroics from me anymore

J
xxx
Old 03-20-2006, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Jane)))
You've learned a good lesson, and I'm THRILLED that you've gotten right back on the horse again. A slip is not a relapse, remember. A slip is nothing but an opportunity to learn what we have to do differently.

Behaviors. What were you doing? What could you have done differently? What emotions were you feeling at the time? What behavior did you really need to do to address those behaviors? And what long term behavioral changes have you made in your life? See if you can answer these questions and what you learn from them.

Please know when we do slip, it makes it easier to slip again. So, for right now, you have to be vigalent. And we are here for you, Jane!

Keep the quit and post before you puff!

Shalom!
Old 03-20-2006, 04:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

((((((((((((((bahookie)))))))))))))))))

Don't be so hard on yourself....heck...I fell of the horse so many times...well......LOL...I spent more time TRYING to quit, and PLANNING to quit....and HOPING to quit...................I would start smoking MORE every time....finally "I got it" and have been smoke free since first week of January.all you gotta do is what you're already doin...get back on the horse...and ride baby ride!!! WE're here for ya!! You CAN make it..........

..the first major thing I did (besides a few years of smoking only outside, never using an ashtray...switching brands, etc etc) was to mentally begin seeing myself a nonsmoker...and faking being happy about it too!! I wasn't soo happy at first! Yikes!! Coffee and no ciggy's? Cruel and unusual punishment as far as I was concerned.....

You'll still make it...I know you will......You fell, you're standing now.......anything is possible.............once you BELIEVE! Took me forever it seems to believe I COULD quit.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((((((( ))))))))))))) jane!

Hang with it jane!

HUGX
Lee
Old 03-20-2006, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((((((JANE)))))))

I can certainly relate. I have to stay away from those places where people are smoking. It might be a year before I would feel comfortable in a smoking environment, maybe longer.

Good for you that you only smoked 2 and are here today to jump right back on the wagon. If I had smoked one, I would have probably smoked the whole pack (that addictive personality of mine).

Try to make choices that put you in a nonsmoking environment, it is hard enough without throwing ourselves right in the middle of it. Instead of the pub, next time suggest an alternative meeting place. You can do it!!! I'm counting on you.

If you really want to stay quit, your choices can make it easier for you. I don't mean to sound rough and tough, just love and concern.

Glad to see you back.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Binge poster

you're all so lovely

Aww
I've had my head down at work all morning and look what I find when I come here.... a whole bunch of sweet people helping me along!

Thank you thank you thank you

I think it was pretty stupid to go out there on Friday and really, it wouldn't have been too difficult to meet up somewhere else. I think I was planning it right from when I got home from work... got all fidgety and grumpy.
The bar we went out to is one I used to go to occasionally too, and the whole party atmosphere just got to me and I crumbled. After my two smokes I did decide I it would be healthier to go and dance my legs off instead of torturing myself, so I did.

Oh, and by the way, I didn't buy any I smoked other peoples!

Had one bit of gum today, it made me dizzy.

Thanks again, and well done to all of you for sticking with it!

Jane
xxx

Ps another by the way.... it probably WILL be another year before I'm in a pub again!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((Jane))))) I'm on my third attempt in the past year. The last time I "slipped" I ended smoking for another three months. You're doing the right thing by getting back on the wagon again so quickly. Don't be hard on yourself - you are doing so well and you can stay smoke-free!