Notices

Searching

Old 01-20-2003, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Searching

hello friend,

How are you? I was just in WIR and read your pittiful cry...LOL
I figured it was a mistake. No one ever visits. I'll move the thread but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt
Now I will have you know I visit you...

However, I will try to be a better friend and visit you more often.

Perhaps you could stop in chat weds. 10 pm est and visit me?

awwww does this sound like a I scratch yours if yoou scratch mine.... lol

seriously now....

I want you to know I feel that you are doing a awesome job here and find your ES&H encourageing. Thank you for being a part of my recovery.
Old 01-20-2003, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AWWWWW Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you PP,

You're right, you do visit. I stand corrected. I have been meaning to stop by the meeting, I just have had conflicts but I will definitely try this Wed.

Maybe I should try handing out chocolate or something, then more people would visit. I tried Daily Meditations but very few people would read them, then when I would post the same Meditation in Alanon, so many people would read them that I even got replies.

It's OK I'm not taking it personally, although I did think I was going to be able to get it like WIR. You guys have such a fun forum. But look at the intro to both forums. This one is for people struggling with recovery or addiction to ask questions. WIR says something like, a place for fun to hang out with the girls and share recovery. Yeeeeaaaahhhhh PARTY

Anyway, thanks for stopping by....come by anytime. We'll be handing out chocolate for valentines day and we're having fireworks on the 4th of July. Next Month we're starting free concerts every Saturday with buffet. We're also looking into purchasing a roller coaster so keep checking in to make sure you don't miss it.

Sorry my reply is so long, it's just so unbelievable to be posting a reply on the Substance Abuse Forum
Old 01-20-2003, 11:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Awwww Searching!

I saw you crying over in WIR too...LOL My heart went out to you! I was going to come & post to you, but couldn't think of anything substance related! I'll think of something tonight! I actually DO come here & read, and I DO read your Daily Meditations! I actually enjoy reading them. And I am sure others are reading...just not posting. I'll definitely be coming for the CHOCOLATES!! DON'T DO ROLLERCOASTERS THO!!!.... had enough of that to last a life time! Fireworks will be awesome and concerts too! Free food!....& hopefully MORE CHOCOLATE??

(maybe post a link to your meditation in alanon, then we would have to come here to read??!!) Kind of like a slight, underhanded business tactic!

Well, I have to run to work, as usual. If you feel like talking about the "Abuse of the Substance; Resentment", let me know!

Hugs to you! Your doing a great job!
Old 01-20-2003, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gypsy LOL..."if you feel like talking about abuse of the Substance"

Very funny, I hate roller-coasters too actually, they make me nauseous. Alright, I'll cancel it. Now I'll have to think of another exciting attraction.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HEY! Wait a minute!
Just cause you don't like rollercoasters doesnt mean we all don't!
I vote keep the coaster....:okay:
Old 01-21-2003, 04:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OK this situation was worse than I thought LOL

I just checked my e-mail and Livewired sent out an urgent Help me!!!! Help Me!!!! message to all moderators to get her post out of the Substanse Abuse forum.

OK is it really that bad:saywhat?:

mmmm..... Maybe some decorations?!
Old 01-21-2003, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

LOL

Decorations would be good, hmmm, how about some party hats? I like Blues Clues! OMG....get some of those little bubble things (packing wrap) that we can sit around & pop!!! MY FAVORITE Oh, and more CHOCOLATE!

OK, if Pie is voting to keep the roller coaster, than I am putting in a vote for a Tilt~a~ Whirl or a Hurricane!

I'm sure Livewired meant no harm! Too Funny!
Old 01-21-2003, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Did someone say decorations?

Well I can light up the sky for you with some fireworks!

Click >>>Fire Works

Click>>>Fire Works
Old 01-21-2003, 09:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks Pie!
Now, How did you know I needed that today??

That was pretty cool, the best part was being able to be "braindead" for a couple minutes! LOL, I just kept clicking as fast as I possibly could!! HEHEHE!
Old 01-21-2003, 10:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

See we're having fun in the substance abuse forum!!!!!

Strike up the band and tell all your friends
(oh and get more chocolate)

WHAT??!! It could happen
Attached Images
File Type: gif
dancer.gif (15.3 KB, 99 views)
Old 01-21-2003, 02:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

SNOWBALL FIGHT
Old 01-21-2003, 03:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Did some one say chocolate?

Old 01-21-2003, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

There ya go!!!

I was looking for pictures like that

What's that movie..........."Life is like a box of chocolates".......

It's definitely picking up. We had two new threads today. That's two more than we've had in weeks. I'm even getting inspired to do the Daily Meditation today
Old 01-21-2003, 05:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ya Baby Ya!
Old 01-21-2003, 06:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

OK, I'm going to do a test. I posted my daily Meditation exactly 1 hr ago. So far absolutely no one has looked at it. Even Pie, bless your heart, came here, posted a message and did not look at the Meditation It's OK I have to say these things in the name of science and our experiment.

I will now post the exact same thread in the Naranon Forum and we will check back in exactly 1 hr to see the number of people that were interested in reading it.

This is very exciting

I tell ya, we are getting more and more exciting by the minute over here in Substance Abuse.

Alright, enough out of me....let the games begin.

The results will be posted this evening.

I know....I know the suspense is killing me too:p
Old 01-22-2003, 11:02 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good morning Friends...

Wanna play? hehhehehe....

soooooooo where are the results? LOL

in the mean time you can find me here>>>AMONG THE CLOUDS
Old 01-22-2003, 11:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Paused

I can't Play right now Did go play your snowball fight! Got creamed! Couldn't figure out what to do, duh!! Need to go find a job...

But hey, the chocolate is awesome

Searching ~ what were the result? Inquiring minds want to know!
I saw the post over in Naranon....& in being helpful to your cause...& to make sure you are getting accurate result...I DID NOT CLICK!!!

Can't someone pay me to sit here all day???
Old 01-22-2003, 07:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The results are in:

After 1 hour it was Naranon 5 Substance Abuse 0

After 24 hours it was Naranon 22 Substanse Abuse 20

Now those are very promising results but I have a feeling it was fixed. The most people who have EVER viewed a Daily Meditation in Substance Abuse was like 11. That was a record. Thanks for keeping it honest GG. What do you mean you need a job. I thought you had one because you are always leaving to got to work. Are you looking for a new Job???????
Old 01-23-2003, 07:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Paused

Good Morning!

I'm working for our business during the day, which basically means, running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to maintain, and repair all the financial damage thats been done during his using time. Then I did just start a night job 3-11 about a month ago. It's getting hard on me. No one wants to help around the house, I'm exhaused, my 9 yr. old son is starting to call me at work; having anxiety attacks again, scared. Dad's sitting watching TV all night. Homework is not getting done & son is not getting his meds @ night, which I think may be the reason for the "hiding in a corner in his sisters room covered up with a blanket" phone calls to me. So, I am hoping to find a full time day job so I can at least be home with them at night, and working when they are at school. Things are tight up here (no snow, so everyone is hurting ~ tourist town) competition is stiff, hardly any jobs. Think there was 5 in the paper this week. And they cut 1 of my days. And I really need the money for bills, and to pay for school. So, in a nutshell....I'm tired,...and not working enough! And then usually when I try and get on here, it is midnight when I get home...then I don't get to bed til late & start off tired again! And he just does what ever he wants all day & night. I guess this is what I meant about the "substance of resentment abuse" LOL

Thank you for asking!!
Old 01-23-2003, 08:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

WOW!!!!!

I can't believe it. You always seem so serene. You defintely have your hands full. Does your husband help you with the business during the day? I know about that particular resentment, it sounds just like over here with the exception of one huge factor. He works and I don't. If I had to add that to the mix too, I'de lose it.

I am very impressed with you. Your posts are always about how to improve on your recovery or to support other people. You do very little, if any, venting. I would have to say you definitely live in the solution and you are a great example for all of us to follow. Your story inspired me today, thanks.