Notices

HELP!!! Am I supposed to feel like this?

Old 02-27-2006, 09:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HELP!!! Am I supposed to feel like this?

I am having a really hard time, I currently have 91 days clean and sober, that is a really big step for me right now and I am having a really hard time in my recovery. I went to visit my dad this weekend, he is an addict/alcoholic also and I was talking to my step mother, you see we have always been really close and she was telling me that my dad didn't come home the night before and that he hasn't been comming home on time he has been back at like 3:00 in the morning almost every day for about two weeks. He is also drinking Odules. I don't know what to do help
Old 02-27-2006, 10:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR the_gir. Glad you are here.

What I had to do in early recovery was distance myself from my family. It was hard, no doubt about it, but my recovery HAD to come first. Recovery is life or death for me. I would give it more time.

Do you have a sponsor or other trusted friends in recovery that you can talk this over with?

Good luck with whatever you decide. Keep reaching out and keep postin, k?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have really distanced myself by moving out of the home, I can't like in the environment and be able to stay sober, I have 91 days clean and have been to maybe two meetings since I got out of rehab because I have no transportation and I live out in the woods (quite literally) it is an hour (one way) out of anyones way to come and get me so I don't make it to many meetings and I have yet to get a sponsor. I found this website and hope that it will give a slight substitution to the meetings that I really need to go to, I have had a really hard time keeping my sobriety and I value it greatly, it is a life or death for me as well, I think it is with any addict being that it is a progressive disease the end leading to three things. I am having a really hard time with the guilt, he was doing ok before I relapsed but after he saw me in the shape that I was in he just wasn't ok anymore. I was thinking about talking to his sponsor and seeing if I could do anything to help but I don't know if I should get involved in his recovery like that, being that we are all supposed to run our own program. His sponsor has had a problen with him drinking the Odules before and told him that he couldn't drink them because they still had alcohol. He is doing it anyway, and I think that if he is talking to his sponsor he isn't telling him about that. I don't know what to do, is it right to involve myself in his recovery?
Old 02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
REZ

This is a difficult situation! Hang in there. Using won't make anything any better. Do whatever you can to start getting to more meetings. Can you live somewhere else?
Old 02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Regarding helping your father in his recovery, I think you are still early in yours to be taking on that job.

Don't forget about the Family and Friends and Nar-Anon forums here. You might get some good advice about dealing with your dad.