i saw a psychic tonight........

Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i saw a psychic tonight........

for one of those quickie five min readings at an event at a bar/restaurant.she did all the talking,i barely had a chance to say or ask anything. besides scaring the crap out of me (which i cant go into now because i am too tired),and blah blah blah....let me tell you what she said at the very end,just as i was getting up to leave......................................."AND STAY AWAY FROM THE ALCOHOLICS!!!!" i kid you not. is EXACTLY what i replied...only to have her repeat it.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

You know--- I've thought about doing this recently. I actually went to see Sylvia Browne (world reknown psychic) at a lecture about a month ago. She randomly drew tickets for readings b/c there were about 500 people there. I wanted to be selected sooooo bad. I was praying in the audience to be selected. Alas, I was never called.

I bet it was a trip. I've had a couple of readings in the past that truly blew my mind.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Back in 97 I got a phone reading from Sylvia Browne. Now I didnt tell her anything about myself before the reading. But,when she called the first thing out of her was something that only I would know about! That blew my mind. But the reat of the reading didnt tell me must of what I wanted to hear. More about of of the things in my past. Looking back I should have be more direct in asking her questions. Anyway,I think she is great and maybe not right on all she see's But I think there is something to it. Just my 2 pennies
Old 02-24-2006, 06:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I got a phone call like that too back in '97. She told me that I am psychic and that I needed to develope my talent. For many years I ran from it.

I still don't really like being psychic and there are doors to it that I wish I could close... some call it a blessing....
Old 02-24-2006, 06:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah right. And if a frog had wings, it would not bump its butt!

I have this bridge for sale.....any takers?
Old 02-24-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just had a "psychic party" 2 weeks ago at my house..It lasted for about 5 hours and 15 people had readings...It was a blast...She told me that my AH has 2 personalities and she see's a "fuzziness" that comes over his thinking where he can't make decisions and she said she don't know if he has a drinking problem? and she said he has a chemical imbalance..(ha ha What an understatement that was)...
Old 02-24-2006, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

guyinNC

You do not have a bridge for sale and I think your attitude shows your fear...and you probaly are more psychic than willing to admit.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The force is with me???

Sorry, just teasing! LOL
Old 02-24-2006, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

For me, I know I have to be careful... I have proven - time and again - that I can delude myself into believing a new truth.

I've proved that I am gullible. I've proved that I am so "open minded" that I disregard my own good critical thinking.

I know the universe contains much mystery. I also know the universe contains people who are devious and that by my experience, I know I cannot always "spot" those devious persons.

This article is a good one - not on psychics being fake in particular, but just a personal story of a skeptic and how he wanted to "prove" something at a psychic reading. I am not sure what he proved, though.
http://www.skeptics.ca/articles/camp...sereading.html

I have to be especially careful if the person I am "trusting" has somthing to gain - whether money or trust or what ...

I am not saying it isn't real - I just have to be careful what I choose to believe.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have a story.

Years ago I worked in an antique store. It had two floors to it, a main floor and a basement. I had to close it myself every night and I had the worst time closing the basement up. I wasn't scared to go down there but I could never shake the feeling that someone was still there. Some nights I would go down and check before I locked up 3-4 times. When I say check, I mean check behind doors, dressers, you name it. Even when I did leave, it was only because I'd checked everywhere and told myself I was being a knob but never because I was fully satisfied that it was empty. Never had the problem with the upstairs.

So after a few months a psychic came to work there. She did readings for people downstairs. One day she came in early so she sat upstairs and talked to me for a couple of minutes. Out of absolutely nowhere she starts talking about the fact that there were spirits in the basement. They weren't there to hurt anything, they never came upstairs and that they just liked to hang around the old things. They were comfy there she said. She must have been wondering why my mouth was wide open. I don't know what was weirder, the fact that she had just told me there were spirits in the basement which totally explained how I always felt or that she just said it right out of nowhere and I'd never told anyone that I felt that way. I always thought I was just being a dork and was too embarrased to mention it to anyone.

I never believed in psychics until then and alot of them I still don't believe in but that was just weird.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Don't know how to approach this, but I will say, I have had instances of "sight or thought". As I've grown more open and spiritual, it seems to come more frequently.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

I've had psychic experiences all my life.

I try to ignore them.

I have a hard enough time managing reality without overly concerning myself with what's happening in the spiritual realms.

I let God (my HP) protect me and I ignore the weird premonitions, events, telepathy and sights that I have experienced ever since I was a kid.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't really believe ppl selling their 'psychic gifts'....
Old 02-24-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i have to tell you. i went to pychic several years before i met my husband and she stated I was going to marry a dark skinned man. I thought that was a bunch of bologne because I always seemed to be attracted to light skinned men. Well lo and behold, I married my husband who is dark skinned. Now I wish I could remembe what else she said. I was so sure she was wrong I ignored and forgot everything else she said.