Notices

My other addiction

Old 02-17-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up My other addiction

Hi, I'm going to let go of my other addiction (t1's) ...it's nothing compared to benzos. It shouldn't be hard at all......then I'll be clean. I think that not abusing every drug I come upon,will be harder. I guess it's a learning experience.......lot's of N.A. meetings ect.

Joe
Old 02-17-2006, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What's you other addiction? I'm confused...

(Could it be Hula dancing?? -lol)

I learned in NA that drugs are but a symptom of addiction. You're learning the tools, Joe, and yup - they apply to ALL of our addictions.

Godspeed to you, my friend.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Okie dokie Joe...
Old 02-17-2006, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

are you talking about tylenol w/ codine? As i recal those are over the counter in canada. I grew up in detroit, and we would cross the border to windsor to drink under age, and buy those. God, i look back, and even in my teens i was abusing every drug i came accross. That was 20 years ago... Phinny's right, the drugs are but a symptom. For me the symptoms got worse, never better. I had to surrender, too. It got easier after i did. Im not fighting addiction anymore. Im recovering... We do recover... Once i finally surrendered, as i worked the steps, the steps worked on me... some changes came rather quickly for me. The obsession and compulsion went away. The cravings are gone. One hit is too many, and i dont want to get that one today.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah there Tylenol with (8mg) coedine. I'm not bad now but I was abusing them bad at one time 200-250 pills per day. I have probably consumed 10,000 plus in the past years. No perscription needed in Canada. I also abused pretty much everything that I thought would get me sleepy or high...over the counter. Scads of whatever you can think of.
Time to stop while I still have a liver. I already have some of the signs of serious liver damage from what I read. .......Joe
Oh well......stopping is a good place to start.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emmer
Oh well......stopping is a good place to start.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there Joe. Taper down on the codeine for a week or two, then quit. If you're STILL up in the 200-250 per day range (and, by the way, you're incredibly lucky to be alive after that) then you may need a lot longer to taper down. Still, you know you can do it, so go to meetings, set a schedule, stick to it and come here for support.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No coedine today and so far so good. My ears are ringing really loud,but they did anyway with benzos and coedine.....I think it will get quiter as the days go on. Joe