Notices

Any advice?

Old 02-09-2006, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any advice?

My dad is, and always was, an alcoholic. I've always been angry with him, but have never been able to express my anger. I am now convinced that my anger has contributed my problem of being over-weight. Has any body else dealt with a similar problem? If so, does anybody have any ideas on how to best deal with it?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Welcome to SR. Please check out our "Friends and Family" forum.

You live in a great area for meetings. There are many Alanon meetings and in your area and I believe there are ACOA (Adult Children Of Alcoholics) meetings also. There you will find others just like yourself, learning how to improve themselves and their reactions to the alcoholic in their life.

Please keep posting and let us know how your are doing.

Our Friends and Family forum here will give you lots and lots of info.

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 02-09-2006, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi slapshot and welcome. Your father is his own man and if he's an alcoholic that's his problem. It has little if anything to do with your weight. You're angryat him, and that expresses itself in hunger. Get over your anger at your Dad. He has an illness. Concentrate on yourself and your wellness. You are not your Dad. Eat less and do more. Stay busy outside the house where you don't have to see your father all the time. Jog, exercise, take long walks. Don't blame your Dad. You are in control of your weight. You and no one else. The more you take responsibility for yourself the better you'll feel about yourself and it will show.
God bless
Old 02-13-2006, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Slapshot,

I often wish my dad had a drinking problem, at least it would be easier to excuse the way he treated me sometimes. I get pissed knowing he was sober. I am 100% with jbm125, Get over, you are your own person, you can only blame others, especially parents so much. You would be suprised how much better you feel once you take over your own life.

That said, I know, it hurts sometimes, and it always will, like an old wound. We're all here to help you, so stick around!

S