Notices

I am an addict and I needed to say it!

Old 02-08-2006, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I am an addict and I needed to say it!

I am want to be free of methadone, and more one curbs the other and then I get to the point where 72 hrs have gone by and I go to the cabinet and pop a pill and feel better. It started out by taking this for that, and that for this and we will just give you this to help. Now I get to the point I don't want to go any where and some days I don't even want to look at my computer.
Hope I havent depressed any one...........
Old 02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Nah, of course you haven't depressed us. I'm really glad you are here. There is quite a few people here who are addicted to methadone, I am sure you will get some great help. Look forward to seeing more of you.

DWI
Old 02-08-2006, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
REZ

Glad you've admitted you have a problem and want to do something about it. I couldn't fix myself--I needed help. I found it in NA and AA meetings.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i did the cold turkey approach and boy was it hard. its not for everyone. insomnia drove me crazy, literally to the point where i thought i was losing my mind. i thought there was an easy answer to all of this, like a magical pill that would fight my battles of WD for me. but i found that i had to fight this on my own. i know this sounds cliche, but when everyone says "it takes time" they are right. its just going to take some time. methadone is a longer lasting opiate so the WD's are going to be worse compared to WD's from alcohol. NA meetings would be a good idea. i tried melatonin to help me sleep but that didnt work. also my doctor prescribed me lunesta and ambien but those didnt help either. he also prescribed me xanax but thats another problem you dont want to add on to your plate. its just going to take time my friend! i will pray for you!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
one of many

You haven't depressed anyone. We all feel the same way at the end of the addiction road. Don't give up on yourself, you are strong enough to overcome this disease. There is another way of life that is much better that we are all discovering one day at a time sober. The first step is quitting, then finding a support group who will help you get through this.

Prayers are going your way my friend!
Old 02-09-2006, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((((((((Pray4me2)))))))))

You still there? Give us an update. I hope you are somehow reading this and just not posting. I would like to hear from you. Let us know how you are. You haven't depressed anyone. Most of us have been where you are, and some are still there. Just reach out and let us know what we can do. Here for you.
Samantha