An update from ME!

Old 01-12-2003, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

An update from ME!

Hi friends

I feel as though I have been gone a very long time and have missed all of you very much.

I just returned from a 2 week trip for a trade show, and I leave again tomorrow for another week long trip! I am starting a new job, and I wish I was excited about it.

Before I left this last time, I changed the locks, cleaned the carpet, armed the alarm, changed the garage door code, and STILL my ever-resourceful 18 yr old managed to get inside. He and a few of his friends whooped it up, smoked some pot, etc. I was soooooo angry when I came home. His rationale is that he's sure I would rather he do this stuff in the safety of my home than out somewhere else. NOT. I don't want him to do this AT ALL. So, for this next trip I will advise the management company as well as the police dept that NO one is to be in my home while I am gone. I hope that it works this time, although I am seriously considering moving away so that my life and property are safe and secure !!

It's good to read the posts and catch up with all of you. Other than this latest episode of Stupid Teenager Tricks I am doing well.

Hugs to all
Osier59
Old 01-12-2003, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Osier,

Is the job right for you? Or is it the home scene that is getting in the way?

Many years ago, my parents left town and left my teenaged brother at home. I was older and gone by then. Anyway he threw a huge party and they hid the beer cans up above the ceiling panels (drop ceiling)

Imagine my folks surprise years later when they remodeled!!!!!

How old is your son?

live
Old 01-12-2003, 08:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Osier,

It's so nice to have you back even for a short time. Thanks for updating us on things. It sounds like you have taken every precaution. Good luck on your new job and have a safe trip.
Old 01-12-2003, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Banned User

I locked the house

We remarked to a family friend that my crack addicted nephew could break into virtually any house. The friend denied this and since we were all going out of town for a day he agreed to house sit to prove us all wrong. Well this friend locked all the doors and windows, and the garage door, and remained very quiet in an upstairs bedroom watching TV. A few hours later at night he was very suprised to hear the garage door being opened from the outside, it was the crack addict breaking in. It turns out on some segmented garage doors you can press the top panel in enough even if it is locked, reach in and manually pull the release mechanism.
Old 01-12-2003, 01:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi osier,

I've missed seeing you.

Hope things go better this next trip.

Hugs,
MG

Old 01-12-2003, 01:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey Osier,

Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about the teenager. I hope things get better.

Remember in being busy to take time for yourself!!

Take care.
Many hugs.
Debbie
Old 01-12-2003, 01:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Hi Josier,
I've been thinking about you! Where
is that woman? Well, sounds like YOU
KNOW what you are doing. I've been
thinking the same thing, moving.
See you next time around

Hugs,
Old 01-12-2003, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

My mom and I were laughing the other day.... David Letterman has a segment on his show for Stupid Pet Tricks. I wonder if we could send in some material for Stupid Teenager Tricks???? Some of the things they do make me laugh. It boggles the mind that my son could think something all the way thru, from beginning to end - and STILL do it, believing it was going to make sense.

Then I realize that he's not doing it TO me, he's just doing it. And besides, what do we call the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing the same way and expecting different results. Works for him, works for me. Apparently we're both a little insane.

Thanks for the love and support.
Osier59
Old 01-12-2003, 06:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Hi Osier..........
This boy is missing his calling.....he is crafty! Hope your new job is going to be fun for you.....and hope your little cat burgular stays out of trouble! KIDS...!
Love kitty
Old 01-12-2003, 07:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Osier}}}

I have missed your happy little face here the past while and am glad that you are okay. Hope this new job is everything you deserve and more.

I often think that if our kids could rechannel their energy into something good and productive what genius's they would be.

Keep yourself safe and stay in touch.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Osier,

Good to see you here but sorry to hear of your teenager's stupid tricks! But I do think your idea of suggesting a segment of Stupid Teenager Tricks on David Letterman just might make the show. Good gosh, I could supply you with enough material for the first year. You pick up on the second year, with both of us demanding royalities, and we'll be set for life!!!

Hang in there, gal.
Old 01-13-2003, 03:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
button

or they can tie a load with alligater grips then cut the ph. ln. and the alarm co will never know as long as there is a load that is addressable

Old 01-14-2003, 08:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi 59 - congrats on the new job!!! Take care of yourself. I've missed seeing you around.

Hurry home.

Love,
Galnva